Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

State police ran me of the road last night

Old 12-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Miley loves you
302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

302's Tacoma Gallery
State police ran me of the road last night

As I was going home last night to my pregnant wife I had a Delaware State Police officer run me off the road. The speed limit dropped from 50 to 40 and the guy in front of me didn't slow down enough. Just past the speed limit sign there was the blue state police SUV in the shadows waiting. I was doing 49 and the guy in front of me 51. I saw the officer turn on his headlights and get behind me, he stayed back about 100 yards. Suddenly he throws on his flashers and within a split second he was doing upwards of 90mph and my heart nearly dropped. I did everything I could to get out of his way with no shoulder but ended up struggling to get out of the mud. While there was no one coming the opposite direction, the officer chose to stay in my lane and nearly clipped my tail end as I tried getting out if his way.

I know officers set very high standards for themselves and so does the community. I also have tons of respect for police officers as I have lost a close friend who was a state trooper. I don't want you guys thinking I'm that citizen in the lousy cop thread, cause I am anything but. My next career in fact will be with police.

I just have a hard time trying to conceive why any officer would go 90mph to catch a Nissan Sentra doing 51mph and less than a quarter mile away. Not only is he putting peoples lives at risk doing this, he is also destroying tax payer vehicles in the process. If it was an isolated incident I'd shrug it off but this has happened twice now in the last month on the same road. I've gotten both of their plate numbers and have been half tempted to contact internal affairs. I don't know if it's even worth my time to do so.

Perhaps if you are an officer and are reading this maybe you could consider being extra careful and keep the publics interest and safety in mind. Those of us that respect you don't need to be given reasons why not to. It's the holidays.
Slow down.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
So, if I'm reading this correctly, the cop just launched with his lights on, forcing you out of your lane (onto I assume the right shoulder) rather than going around you?

That's rather odd.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I would make a complaint since it seems to make sense to let them know what happend.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
Miley loves you
302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed302 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
So, if I'm reading this correctly, the cop just launched with his lights on, forcing you out of your lane (onto I assume the right shoulder) rather than going around you?

That's rather odd.
Except no shoulder, just a wet shallow ditch.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
TripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripleThreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: They keep callin me cowboy but its not my name...
Location: Socal but I am still a Southern Florida guy at heart
TripleThreat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post

That's rather odd.
Yeah thats what I translated two. In the military police they are trained to go around you once you have pulled over or yield to one side.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: once upon a time SP/4
Name: Steve
A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
I'm confused on how he ran you off the road from behind. If you're on a road that has nothing but a muddy ditch wouldn't you signal to move right then slow to a safe speed to move off of the road even if it is below 5mph then move over to side. Signaling would let the officer know your intentions as you're slowing and allow them the chance to pass in the other lane. Sounds to me as if you freaked out because you knew you were speeding and thought he was after you.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I would have just stayed in my lane and slowed down
Old 12-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
Gaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaunt596 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
Gaunt596's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3umph View Post
I'm confused on how he ran you off the road from behind. If you're on a road that has nothing but a muddy ditch wouldn't you signal to move right then slow to a safe speed to move off of the road even if it is below 5mph then move over to side. Signaling would let the officer know your intentions as you're slowing and allow them the chance to pass in the other lane. Sounds to me as if you freaked out because you knew you were speeding and thought he was after you.
when he comes flying at you doing 90 and is about to rear end your vehicle, which he could very easily write it to make it your fault and he would have had no other witnesses to save his ass it is better to end up in the ditch than it is to lose your license to a cop making dumb decisions.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
Miley loves you

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry you're confused, you should have been there. The ditch was 6 inches not 6 feet and I was in a truck. I didn't think it was that muddy, I was just trying to get out of his way so he could do his job. I knew he wasn't coming after me, I got no points and no record of speeding. The officer was going too fast and could have easily passed in the other lane knowing I had no shoulder. He was trying to instill fear in me by coming up my ass. That is not a cops job to do that, some of them just do it to be bully's. And 90mph to catch a sentra doing 51mph is just stupid.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Did he ever pull over the sentra or was he running to a hot call? Not saying what happened was right or wrong just asking
Old 12-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Miley loves you

302's Tacoma Gallery
He got the sentra. And I pulled up behind the cop and wrote down his plates then pulled off with him glaring at me.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #12
A3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shedA3umph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
when he comes flying at you doing 90 and is about to rear end your vehicle, which he could very easily write it to make it your fault and he would have had no other witnesses to save his ass it is better to end up in the ditch than it is to lose your license to a cop making dumb decisions.

Excuse me I didn't know you were riding with him to tell me what happened. I just read what the OP posted, he was 100 yards behind him when he hit the lights and sped up so I was questioning him. I just posted what I thought was correct and what I would do and I have done the past in such a situation. But I stand corrected by someone who has had a license for what????? a full year.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #13

A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 View Post
He got the sentra. And I pulled up behind the cop and wrote down his plates then pulled off with him glaring at me.

You pulled up behind an officer that had a vehicle stopped. That itself is another unwise move.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Call the local barracks and file a complaint.

Where in DE are you?
Old 12-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
Miley loves you

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You pulled up behind an officer that had a vehicle stopped. That itself is another unwise move.
I did nothing wrong. I'm a law abiding citizen.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did he look young? Not to stereotype but sounds like behavior of a new/young officer who is still full of piss and vinegar out to change the world one speeding ticket at a time.

If this is how this officer always drives then a complaint might be what he needs to get his shit together and stop driving like that. The first thing you learn in emergency vehicle operations is you are no help to anybody if you crash on the way.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
Miley loves you

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Call the local barracks and file a complaint.

Where in DE are you?
Georgetown, but happened out in the country. I have the number and address for internal. I guess it can't hurt to give them the feedback. I frequently stop in to thank and compliment them on good things they have done, especially for my work.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #18

A3umph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did nothing wrong. I'm a law abiding citizen.

You said you were doing 49 in a 40. Not law abiding there. Plus how would he know that the two of you weren't together and intending to do bodily harm to him when you pulled up behind him?
Old 12-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
Miley loves you

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
Did he look young? Not to stereotype but sounds like behavior of a new/young officer who is still full of piss and vinegar out to change the world one speeding ticket at a time.

If this is how this officer always drives then a complaint might be what he needs to get his shit together and stop driving like that. The first thing you learn in emergency vehicle operations is you are no help to anybody if you crash on the way.
That was my impression, that he seemed to be in his mid 20's and fresh out of vehicle tactical operations class and still had it running through his blood. He could have handled it better for sure.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Miley loves you

302's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You said you were doing 49 in a 40. Not law abiding there. Plus how would he know that the two of you weren't together and intending to do bodily harm to him when you pulled up behind him?
Oh boy. Thanks for your input kind sir.