Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Speed Enforcement Tactics

Old 06-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #61
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboudreaux1965 View Post
ya, but that cheating, your from here, if your not from here. its kinda like when i used to live in venice, no one who ever wanted to come visit could find it, i would just tell them to get on hwy 23, they would always say "well then what" well i would say if your truck seems to be in the gulf, you went about 500 yards to far, lol!

(ya i know thats not the gulf, you would end up at the end of coast guard road or cypress marina, or at the shrimp dock but ya get the idea )

abbeville the same way, i tellem get on hwy 167, they ask then what? well you will know when you went to far, if you pass a chevy dealership then see nothing for a while, you went a couple miles too far, lol

this is fun,didnt expect some cajun folks to be around here
Not really Cajun. Born in Shreveport, living in Baton Rouge
Old 06-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #62
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt596 View Post
Was told by a state trooper that any time a vehicle isn't keeping up with the flow of traffic it's obstructing traffic by forcing people to pass you.
my daughter got pulled over by the Va state patrol for doing 59 in a 60 in the left lane. She didn't know any better shes had so many speeding tickets from her friends in North Carolina that I think she just tensed up. He didn't give her a ticket but told her she was impeeding traffic.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #63
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
my daughter got pulled over by the Va state patrol for doing 59 in a 60 in the left lane. She didn't know any better shes had so many speeding tickets from her friends in North Carolina that I think she just tensed up. He didn't give her a ticket but told her she was impeeding traffic.
Not that I am happy about it cause its your daughter, but FINALLY I hear this. Drives me nuts that the police dont do this more often.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #64
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboudreaux1965 View Post
lol, but i bet anyone here can find california, but give em $100 to drive down to abbeville and they would be scratchin' there head looking at a map for an hour and give up, LOL!

Pretty sure I could get there
Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #65
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchop View Post
Not that I am happy about it cause its your daughter, but FINALLY I hear this. Drives me nuts that the police dont do this more often.

I think they passed a law he in Va to make it officially illegal. I told her she was in the wrong but at the time I really don't think she knew any better. I think a lot of people are ignorant of it.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #66

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I think they passed a law he in Va to make it officially illegal. I told her she was in the wrong but at the time I really don't think she knew any better. I think a lot of people are ignorant of it.
It should be on driving tests.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #67
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Pretty sure I could get there
No, you don't understand. Abbeville could be anywhere within a 30 mile radius of there
Old 06-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #68
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agreed. This is a problem that is addressed far too little IMO.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:48 PM   #69
BAsTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Berkley
BAsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
One of my best friends is a state trooper in Oklahoma. He said they are told they can break the law to enforce it, like speeding to get to a point to run radar. We have a fair amount of turnpikes in Oklahoma and he says if they weren't allowed to speed on the turnpike then they'd spend all day just trying to get where they are going. I don't agree with it but that's how they do it here.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #70
audi2000 has a spectacular aura aboutaudi2000 has a spectacular aura aboutaudi2000 has a spectacular aura about
audi2000's Tacoma Gallery
My wife's brothers are all police. She told me that whenever one of her brothers is in a hurry to go somewhere he will radio ahead so that he is not stopped...off duty. I told her that is fascism, she did not take kindly to that.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #71
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
Most pd's have a policy in place that you have to run a code to drive over the speed limit though.
not a cop, but I personally know and am friends with 20+ officers between mutable agencies. never heard of this. Most do have a so called “policy” thats states what kinda calls they SHOULD NOT run code. They can still go over the posted speed limit to get to the call. i know some of the calls are attempted murder when someone is trying to kill someone, attempted suicides.(probably others that i don’t remember) They want to get to the scene but don’t want to let the person thats trying to kill them self or someone els know they are coming. also they don’t run code if they are within 2 or 3 miles of the scene (maybe even farther depending on the area)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
Maybe he had to 10-100, or 10-200.