Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Speed Enforcement Tactics

Old 12-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Speed Enforcement Tactics

This is not a complaint thread, just a question I have out of curiosity.

There is one particular county along I-75 through GA where the local deputies spend a LOT of time checking speed on the interstate. Nothing unfair, but it's common knowledge among frequent travelers that 9 times out of 10 passing through they will be out there checking. Again nothing out of the ordinary, the limit is 70 and they will ignore if you are not doing 80+.

But one odd thing I have noticed on several different trips is a deputy will fly past everyone doing near 100 in the left lane but with no blue lights on.

You assume he is after someone ahead, but then he disappears off the next exit ramp. Then half a mile or so past the exit, yep, there sits another officer shooting radar. I know it was not the same guy because it is a different vehicle (SUV). What piqued my curiosity is it was the exact same scenario each time. Flies past, disappears then the other guy is shooting up ahead.

I assume if he is responding to an emergency there would be lights and the second guy might be responding too. It caused me to wonder if it wasn't a decoy like there was an emergency elsewhere so the coast is clear now.

Anyone ever heard of this before?
Old 12-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, curious also.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Hmmm, curious also.
x2
Old 12-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
SigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: STS
SigSense's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen them do it in KY. The absolute most important thing to remember is that rules are for YOU and NOT for them.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigSense View Post
I've seen them do it in KY. The absolute most important thing to remember is that rules are for YOU and NOT for them.

And OP sounds an awful lot like theyre just trying to trick motorists into thinking coast is clear...which im betting a judge would find to be entrapment
Old 12-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
If rules aren't for everyone then rules aren't for anyone...........
Old 12-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigSense View Post
They do a lot of training at EKU which is by exit 87 on I-75. I'm not sure if those are training exercises or what not but there are usually eyes on I-75 around Richmond, KY. I could be wrong but I think they're a bit tougher on out of towners than locals. If any of you ever have to drive north or south on I -75 in Kentucky don't drive too fast between mile markers 83 and 95.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
This happened to me in Kansas except instead of flying past me he flew right up onto my ass and stayed there for a good minute or so before pulling off the highway in the median.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
If rules aren't for everyone then rules aren't for anyone...........
good luck with that
Old 12-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
good luck with that
Yeah, I know but rules that don't apply to everyone are cock drippings.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #11
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenbro View Post
This happened to me in Kansas except instead of flying past me he flew right up onto my ass and stayed there for a good minute or so before pulling off the highway in the median.
I think Kansas is the reason planes were invented.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #12
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
I think Kansas is the reason planes were invented.
^^^ This

Driving through Kansas is like watching paint dry.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
lyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud of

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

And OP sounds an awful lot like theyre just trying to trick motorists into thinking coast is clear...which im betting a judge would find to be entrapment
How is that entrapment ? Their not telling the motorists to speed, I don't see a problem with it... It's your own fault if ya get pulled over for speeding...
Old 12-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
How is that entrapment ? Their not telling the motorists to speed, I don't see a problem with it... It's your own fault if ya get pulled over for speeding...
i'm just suggesting it sounds an awful lot like it could be

that method is not one i'd readily use and i agree...it's your own fault...
Old 12-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rocky
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
We don't always run code to an emergency. He be wantin everyone to think the coast is clear..
Old 12-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Cops are sneaky we were hoping nobody would figure this little speed trap out...dag nabbit
Old 12-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
We don't always run code to an emergency. He be wantin everyone to think the coast is clear..
Most pd's have a policy in place that you have to run a code to drive over the speed limit though.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #18
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i'm just suggesting it sounds an awful lot like it could be

that method is not one i'd readily use and i agree...it's your own fault...
It is your own fault for speeding but then again a cop shouldn't entrap somebody just to give a ticket. Its like anything else you have your cops who are great and affirm the oath and those who just want the power to bully people.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #19

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
Most pd's have a policy in place that you have to run a code to drive over the speed limit though.
hu, never heard that before..Plus everyone knows don't speed in Ga. Dude the police there are notorious for banging out tickets dude. And yeah don't speed in Fla. either. FHP is ruthless. Not quite as bad as Ga. but still love that ticket book!
Old 12-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #20
lyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud oflyodbraun has much to be proud of

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
It is your own fault for speeding but then again a cop shouldn't entrap somebody just to give a ticket. Its like anything else you have your cops who are great and affirm the oath and those who just want the power to bully people.
LOL
en·trap (n-trp)
tr.v. en·trapped, en·trap·ping, en·traps
1. To catch in or as if in a trap.
a. To lure into danger, difficulty, or a compromising situation. See Synonyms at catch.
b. To lure into performing a previously or otherwise uncontemplated illegal act.
[French entraper, from Old French : en-, in; see en-1 + trape, trap (of Germanic origin).]

Where and how are they doing the above ?.