Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

The Truck / SUV Club (Vehicle Security) Question

Old 12-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
USArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: MS3, USN.  FS3, USCG.  60% SC DV
Name: Max
USArchangels's Tacoma Gallery
The Truck / SUV Club (Vehicle Security) Question

As a result of my friend's truck being stolen from his driveway, I decided to get a Truck / SUV Club security device that you lock onto the steering wheel in order to prevent / deter theft.

I recently found out that a professional car thief actually seeks out cars with these security devices (The Club) as they use the metal bar in lieu of a crowbar / shim.

Should / should I not use this item? Thank you all for your service.
Attached Thumbnails
The Truck / SUV Club (Vehicle Security) Question-truck-suv-club.png  
Old 12-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The dirtbags will figure out a way to defeat anything, but using some type of security device will slow them down at least. I would guess that most thieves will pass up a vehicle with a security device vs. one without it if they have a choice. They want to get the deed done as fast as possible. I use the Masterlock version of "The Club" when I park in questionable areas. No problems yet.