Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Slow down, MOVE OVER

Old 12-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Slow down, MOVE OVER

For parked emergency vehicles.

This is the second trooper in my state within a 5 month period to have been hit from behind by another vehicle.

I almost got hit today by a vehicle that refused to move over when passing me.

Please help us survive out there, SLOW DOWN AND MOVE OVER for parked emergency vehicles!!!

Have safe travels, and safe holidays, all you TW users and fellow thin blue line brothers.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how some people get a DL.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
I agree !!! not fun working feet from tons of metal going at 70 miles an hour
Old 12-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
I don't know how some people get a DL.
x2 and stop goose necking!!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Female trooper transported with serious injuries. So far she's ok.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Motorists should move over for any vehicle on the shoulder, especially LEOs. My brother in law says he'd rather give the speeder a warning and go after the guy who didn't move over.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #8

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNasti View Post
Motorists should move over for any vehicle on the shoulder, especially LEOs. My brother in law says he'd rather give the speeder a warning and go after the guy who didn't move over.
I've done this.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I've done this.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #10
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've done this.
X2

That's a newer section we can write for now in NY. Maybe a year old or so now.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #11

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
X2

You didn't have a failure to yield right of way to parked emergency/tow vehicles section before a year ago?!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
X2

Same in California.

Fire, PD, and tow trucks.
Slow down, and if safe to do so, move to the next lane (they understand that changing lanes is not always possible).
Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #13

Law Enforcement:
I will never pull a stop right after the crest of a hill, around a curve or in any blind area...to protect my own ass.

On a three lane highway, there is ample time to move over, especially when there is over 2 miles visibility in the location of the stop.

Some drivers don't care or don't really pay attention. Every stop I've pulled for failure to yield to stationary emergency vehicles has resulted in a ticket.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #14
Taco turned Burrito
DelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelRioTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Supervisor
DelRioTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Same in California.

Fire, PD, and tow trucks.
Slow down, and if safe to do so, move to the next lane (they understand that changing lanes is not always possible).
Texas just added Dept. of Transportation vehicles with amber lights activated to our "slow down, move over" law. Those guys spend more time on the roadside than we do. Glad to see some protection for them too!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRioTaco View Post
Texas just added Dept. of Transportation vehicles with amber lights activated to our "slow down, move over" law. Those guys spend more time on the roadside than we do. Glad to see some protection for them too!
Been more than once I've gotten into it with an asshole.

Yelled at one fucker, he pulled over, got out of his car, and pulled the "I'll have your job" bullshit.

I pulled my business card, handed it to him, threw my keys at his feet, and said "YOU WANT MY FUCKING JOB, YOU CAN HAVE IT!"
"But here's how it's going to work. You get back into your car and continue on, respecting construction workers.... and I'll forget to file charges against you for assault with a deadly weapon, Mr. 2CBG256."

He didn't say a word. Got back into his Lexus, and took off at a reasonable speed.

He did keep my business card... my boss never heard from him.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #16
EatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shedEatMyTacomaDust is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EatMyTacomaDust's Tacoma Gallery
Fully agree, show the LEO's and other Emergency Workers some respect. I really wish the LEO's could nail more people for driving while texting / talking on a cell.

I see the most unbelievable dangerous driving due to that - 9/10 it's someone on their cell phone not paying attention. Pisses my off so bad I wish I was a cop so I could nail them.

Runs rampant here in the Western Washington.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #17
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You didn't have a failure to yield right of way to parked emergency/tow vehicles section before a year ago?!
This is specific to exactly that. Slow down and move over. Its all about articulation right? I had written the failure to yield before but this new charge addresses what happened here in the OP. there have been times I was unable to leave the scene at an accident when some A-hole went flying by 30 mph over the speed limit just missing bystanders and cars. It's so irritating!! Lot of traffic details now will have a unit sit back and just watch for people to move over and slow down. Ill even sit back if I come upon another officers traffic stop and watch traffic as he/she runs the data and writes a ticket.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #18
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Its a law in Virginia ( I think ) to move a lane over for any emergency vehicle with it's lights on.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all for what you do, and I will always respect your safety while on the road.
I am an engineer and do some road work and have had people whizz by at ridiculous speeds. I had a guy go through our one lane area while working under a rail bridge doing well over 40 in a 25. We got into a heated discussion! We never did see eye to eye.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNasti View Post
There has been times when I couldn't move over, but I slow down as much as possible.

I saw or read a study or something. It said that people are almost drawn to the lights. They focus on them and don't even realize they are inching over towards them. Thought it was interesting.