Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

secret compartment in vehicles

Old 01-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
secret compartment in vehicles

Just want an opinion from law officers on the hidden compartment law now in Ohio and maybe soon to be in Va. As a person who doesn't carry a firearm, use or sell drugs, drink and drive I kind of feel this is reaching into my freedoms but I can also see where if you are an officer then you want to be aware of what the car may contain.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:46 AM   #2
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
whats the law, never heard of it. I have seen some clever compartments tho.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:48 AM   #3
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to the thread that was started on this already:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gen...nt-felony.html
Old 06-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
ragin cajun
jboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjboudreaux1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: joseph
jboudreaux1965's Tacoma Gallery
i have a friend who owned a really high end custom car shop, he did every sort of mod and install, competition audio trucks, custom made lift kits, hydraulics, you name it!

alot of the show cars had mini hydraulics triggered with magnets that would lift the amp boards or fold out to show the woofers, etc...

he did a car for a customer and the guy stashed some cocaine in one of speakers in one of the compartments and tried to cross the boarder, he got busted. as for my friend... well he has been in federal penitentiary for a couple years now.

lost his business, his freedom, his wife, watching his little girl grow up, everything! no one ever looked at the fact that he did hundreds of other custom show cars and everything was legit, it wasn't his fault the guy try to smuggle drugs. heh if he was such 'kingpin' how come he couldn't afford a lawyer without friends helping out?

and yes i know for sure he was not into drugs or anything illegal!

it's a very stupid law about custom compartments, but it is true, and good people do get shafted over it.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Ohio Law was easy to find: http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/b...?ID=129_SB_305
I'm not in law enforcement so just my $.02, but Section H & I seem to spell out clearly that so long as drug residue isn't found (ie guy who got pulled over and car smelled of pot).

H.
(1) This section does not apply to any licensed motor vehicle dealer or motor vehicle manufacturer that in the ordinary course of business repairs, purchases, receives in trade, leases, or sells a motor vehicle.
(2) This section does not impose a duty on a licensed motor vehicle dealer to know, discover, report, repair, or disclose the existence of a hidden compartment to any person.

I.
This section does not apply to a box, safe, container, or other item added to a vehicle for the purpose of securing valuables, electronics, or firearms provided that at the time of discovery the box, safe, container, or other item added to the vehicle does not contain a controlled substance or visible residue of a controlled substance.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
As a retired LEO; Pal, your freedoms have been getting less and less for years. Back when I was a kid, you were innocent until proven guilty. Now it's guilt by association unless you have huge bucks for an attorney. As for whats in my truck, get a warrant, get probable cause or get lost. If you think you are getting permission, that isn't gonna happen.