Curt aka Pinal1223

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Law Enforcement Officers

Notices

Cop shoots off duty firefighter

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Cop shoots off duty firefighter

Not sure if it's been posted yet, just came across it online.

I'm not gonna list my thoughts here because I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it quite yet. Just sharing.

http://www.statter911.com/2014/02/25...-caught-video/

I guess the cop is justified since he was getting the shit beat out of him... Not sure what else you would have done? Taser?

Edit: After reading more I see the cop was off duty, does that change anything?

Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
why is he chasing the guy if he is off duty?

Old 02-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #4
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of thoughts on this....

Why did he get drunk and act dumb with a security guard? (yes he's a cop but he was off duty)

Why isn't the cop at least half physically fit or knowledgeable in ground fighting to where he could have easily turned the tables and sub'd him?

Old 02-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #5
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
why is he chasing the guy if he is off duty?
That was my question. I mean if I was an off duty cop and heard there was a fight outside I would try to break it up, but I wouldn't try to apprehend the guy alone like that...

Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
he shoulda put him in hand cuffs or something....he looked like he had no clue what he was doing

Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #7
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
That was my question. I mean if I was an off duty cop and heard there was a fight outside I would try to break it up, but I wouldn't try to apprehend the guy alone like that...
x2. His badge got to his head.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #8
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Disgusting.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #9
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
This is why some cops should be fired. You don't shoot an unarmed person there are better ways like tasers and pepper spray to subdue someone. I support cops but it seems that they are becoming too militaristic for the job.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:29 PM   #11
TCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant futureTCRAWFORD has a brilliant future
TCRAWFORD's Tacoma Gallery
The off duty leo was getting his face smashed by an individual who was clearly inebriated, it may have been possible for the officer to handle him without using deadly force but his life was clearly threatened and who knows how far the suspect would have gone. Im not saying that it was the "right" call but after watching the video I don't think the officer was in the wrong. If the suspect was just a regular guy who had too much to drink I highly doubt people would be up in arms on the officers decision to pull his weapon.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:44 PM   #12
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRAWFORD View Post
The off duty leo was getting his face smashed by an individual who was clearly inebriated, it may have been possible for the officer to handle him without using deadly force but his life was clearly threatened and who knows how far the suspect would have gone. Im not saying that it was the "right" call but after watching the video I don't think the officer was in the wrong. If the suspect was just a regular guy who had too much to drink I highly doubt people would be up in arms on the officers decision to pull his weapon.
I also don't like how they throw the title firefighter around when it doesn't have anything to do with this other than to get more attention

He should have been able to subdue the man though

Old 02-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #13
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the cop was working security for a hotel and responded to the call of a fight.

Not all cops have pepper spray and tasers. Close range like that, I probably wouldn't go for spray b/c it'd get all over me too.

Looks like the cop was trying to cuff the guy and he kept resisting, then started getting attacked, so he shot him. If the cop failed to shoot him, and let the guy continue to beat him, who knows what would of happened. I guarantee people would be out for blood if the firefighter got a couple more licks in which resulted in the cop becoming disabled (brain dead). Only reason this is such a big deal is because it's not some low life scum, but a fire fighter. Probably a stand-up dude who drank a little too much that night, and we can all relate to that. Still doesn't change the fact that he willingly held down and attacked an officer after allegedly fighting with a cab driver.
What about the substandard shitbags that just sat there and watched it all. Half way encouraging the resisting, and chastising the officer at the same time. Those shitbags should of told their drunk buddy to just relax and ran to help when they started rolling around. Instead they stood there like the punks they probably are.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:04 AM   #14
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaldo View Post
He should have been able to subdue the man though
No matter how big and strong one person is, there is always someone out there bigger, stronger, and more skilled then them. That's why they give cops weapons.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:15 AM   #15
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
This is why some cops should be fired. You don't shoot an unarmed person there are better ways like tasers and pepper spray to subdue someone. I support cops but it seems that they are becoming too militaristic for the job.
You don't taze someone in a situation like that or you end up tasing yourself. Pepper spray would have subdued himself as well. You simply don't try to arrest someone on your own like that. The entire situation could have been avoided if he had a backup officer. And the bystanders, just sitting there and WATCHING a police officer get beat like that. You jump in and help in a situation like that..

Old 02-26-2014, 01:07 AM   #16
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
bad news bears all around. first responder on first responder. blue on blue looks like the cop was in uniform though. i know as a Marine i got out of hands a few times, but once the seriousness of cops showed up... time to be a perfect angel. not to instigate, but it seemed that cop was ill prepared for a ground fight and was getting his ass whooped, but as bad as it hurt, taken the licking and put out an APB or man hunt or whatever, without having to take another life. there's always someone bigger and badder than you, and the great equalizer is not always the answer. that's just my $0.02 though. either way, this is just heartbreaking and at the end of the day, none of us were there, in their shoes. the cop will have to live with his decision, and the FF's family will have to as well. living with the memories is bad enough (see also: any combat vet).

Old 02-26-2014, 01:27 AM   #17
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious if the officer identified himself as a cop? I'm not saying that the firefighter was right but if he thinks he's just fighting off a hotel security guard instead of an off duty officer it's a different outcome I bet. Like mipawlus said, we've all gotten out of hand but once the police were involved, you smarten up and behave a little better.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #18
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
I want some LEOs to chime in right about now. Sounds like you guys are forming opinions when you have most likely never been in a situation like that.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:29 AM   #19
Nielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant futureNielubie has a brilliant future
Name: Pete
Nielubie's Tacoma Gallery
Title says "Off duty firefighter", the cop was in uniform. Doesn't matter who you are; if you try to beat someone like that where they fear for their life, be ready for the consequences. I'm not a cop, but if it happened to me and I was carrying it would be the same result. Looking on a screen and actually being there are two different things. Its easy to criticize now after the fact.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:30 AM   #20
Jareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedJareds Toyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
Jareds Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielubie View Post
Title says "Off duty firefighter", the cop was in uniform. Doesn't matter who you are; if you try to beat someone like that where they fear for their life, be ready for the consequences. I'm not a cop, but if it happened to me and I was carrying it would be the same result. Looking on a screen and actually being there are two different things. Its easy to criticize now after the fact.
Well said!

Closed Thread