Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Law Enforcement Officers (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/law-enforcement-officers/)
-   -   "COPS" is disgusting... (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/law-enforcement-officers/257327-cops-disgusting.html)

KalamaKid 01-09-2013 04:11 PM

"COPS" is disgusting...

Long story short, the fiancée has some how developed an addiction to the show "COPS" and it seems to be on some cable channel at any given time. I'm not one to watch much TV so over the last few months if nothing else is on she finds an episode to watch. After viewing this crap enough I've come to the conclusion it's just plane disgusting. It makes LEO's look bad. REALLY BAD. All they do is fuck with poor people. Mostly traffic stops on people that look like they could hardly afford the gas to start their car. I don't understand how a department could let these camera crews come in an film this crap. After some reading I found out my local county is very much against filming this show but Portland seems to be on every other episode. I brought this point up at work today and everyone thought I was crazy. Am I the only one who thinks this is disgusting? :confused:

Right now I'm watching an episode of cops selling $10 bags of weed to people outside a 7-11. Practically forcing themselves on people as they leave the store. If someone buys the weed they get tackled, face slammed into the ground and cuffed. All over a $10 bag a weed the fucking cop pushed ever so hard on these people. WHAT CRIME ARE THEY PREVENTING?!?!? This shit pisses me off. Rant over. :)

Highland Logan 01-09-2013 04:16 PM

It's Bread & Circus... nothing more.

Frank

Steves104x4 01-09-2013 04:21 PM

It's a joke.

DueToThe802 01-09-2013 04:22 PM

There's always been differences of treatment each class receives. The socioeconomic problems are both with the laws in place, and how the police handle thier job. Poor people are usually more likely to be pulled over or something. But the show does provide evidence of some of the big problems of the law and lawman. I saw one where they were selling crack to users. Just poor users. And they'd haul em off. They acted very proud. id have preferred them arrest a trafficker or higher tier dealer. I do not envy an officers job.

Mr.Ed 01-09-2013 04:37 PM

It is crap like most shows. If you want fresh crap MTV has a new show about a rapper that has 11 children with 10 women. So the hot wet poop keeps coming.

tigerfan00 01-09-2013 05:03 PM

it's all crap...i watch it for entertainment value every now and again but I also know that it's not a documentary on how to be a good cop

Many shows often ride and film stuff and will occasionally pay a dirtbag to act like an ass...or take off running or some crap...

KalamaKid 01-09-2013 05:24 PM

I don't understand how your vehicle becomes property of the county when you purchase a hooker or $10 bag of weed from an undercover group of dudes literally standing in the middle of the street. Every person they sell to gets a statement of "your vehicle is property of bla bla and everything in it is seized". How does that work?

tigerfan00 01-09-2013 05:25 PM

Probably just doing it for show

It cost quite a bit to seize stuff usually so I'd be surprised if they seized every car they stopped

Mr.Ed 01-09-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerfan00 (Post 6250186)
it's all crap...i watch it for entertainment value every now and again but I also know that it's not a documentary on how to be a good cop

Many shows often ride and film stuff and will occasionally pay a dirtbag to act like an ass...or take off running or some crap...

I was not saying the cops are crap. I think they put up with a BS all day and that's not easy.
I watched the show when it first came out but after dealing with people like that for years its not fun to watch anymore.
I like watching the old James Bond movies and other old shows. I guess im living in the past.:)

KPT 01-09-2013 07:27 PM

I love watching Cops. Is it a fair representation of what a police officers job is, and how they should handle themselves? No. Do I care? No.

Police Women of Dallas is another great show.

AlphaEcho2k5 01-09-2013 07:34 PM

I miss 80's "COPS" not sure what they show today but I'm sure there's no where near the about of lip fuzz present.

k9cop 01-09-2013 11:34 PM

I can't believe what goes on in restaurants. I watch that show restaurant impossible. gross...

k9cop 01-09-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3bassman (Post 6251248)
I miss reno911. At least it was realistic.

x2

Khaos 01-09-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9cop (Post 6252241)
I can't believe what goes on in restaurants. I watch that show restaurant impossible. gross...

Never fuck with someone who prepares your food.

Redfox1 01-09-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 (Post 6251231)
I miss 80's "COPS" not sure what they show today but I'm sure there's no where near the about of lip fuzz present.

haha x2 .

k9cop 01-09-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaos (Post 6252245)

ain't dat the truth

SkeeterBilt 01-09-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaos (Post 6252245)

wish more people thought that way.... im a bartender/server

i miss reno911. that show was the best

Joe D 01-10-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalamaKid (Post 6250303)
I don't understand how your vehicle becomes property of the county when you purchase a hooker or $10 bag of weed from an undercover group of dudes literally standing in the middle of the street. Every person they sell to gets a statement of "your vehicle is property of bla bla and everything in it is seized". How does that work?

"nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

This is a basic of the 5th amendment. Groups have unsuccessfully argued confiscating property even used while committing a crime still warrants just compensation (if not more for punitive reasons). Theory being the government is going to use the property they confiscate or sell it and the funds would be for government use...either way it still private to public transfer without compensation.

It's just as the term "shall not be infringed" in the 2nd amendment has been twisted as has the rest of the 5th (and 4th IMO)....2nd, 4th & 5th being the most abused. It's interpretation for convenience being done usually in a knee jerk or feel good reaction...a violation nonetheless.

Don't worry once the second amendment rights are gone (either out right or through limits by legislation) the so called do gooders will have free run over the rest of our "rights" without worry of recourse. Let those that call my (our) way of thinking as the "tinfoil" hat crew run amok. But perhaps they should learn to read and interpret the Constitution first. There are revision provisions and those should otherwise be used as opposed to some of what we are seeing if that's the direction our country wants to go (and I certainly hope it isn't).

KalamaKid 01-10-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3bassman (Post 6251248)
I miss reno911. At least it was realistic.

They at least need to get the old crew back together for some kind of special or reunion episode. It was too good of a show to just fall off the map. 7 seasons wasn't enough and that movie they made was kind of a letdown.

TS1980 01-11-2013 10:11 AM

I used to watch Cops all the time before I became one. Now...never. No interest at all.