LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

blacked out headlight, brand new is fogging when rains???

Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
Maintenance Man has a spectacular aura aboutMaintenance Man has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
Maintenance Man's Tacoma Gallery
blacked out headlight, brand new is fogging when rains???

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...hp/photo/89790

I wasnt sure if I posted the picture on here right, so I included a link to my photos.

I just bought brand new blacked out headlights, well, it rained today and my drivers side was fogging were rain dropplets were sitting on the headlight after the rain stopped???? Very frustrating, anyone have a clue on what I should do? Do I email the ebay seller and tell him what they are doing?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
either get your money back or put em in the oven and re-seal them
Old 06-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Maintenance Man has a spectacular aura aboutMaintenance Man has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
Maintenance Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
either get your money back or put em in the oven and re-seal them
Thats what I thought, I will probably call about getting money back first before I go re-sealing them.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
rockstartacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: dimitrios
rockstartacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i had the same problem with my headlights and i replaced the seal and it fixed it
Old 06-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
it's not hard at all to re-seal, it might be worth it just to avoid the hassle of getting money back, shipping (you'll probably have to pay for), then re-ordering new ones
Old 06-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Crappy thing about those eBay headlights is that they are poorly sealed.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
sierra141 has a spectacular aura aboutsierra141 has a spectacular aura aboutsierra141 has a spectacular aura about
sierra141's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Put your stock factory rubber rear seal cover that you had in your stock lights that and a little clear silicone will fo the trick.
This has worked for me and other friends as well.
Sometimes the rear rubber seals that they come with don't seal proper.
Let us know good luck