Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

WARN Off-Road lights

Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
WARN Off-Road lights

hey guys, happen to come across these, anybody have any info on them? they look pretty nice..

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=87140

TIA!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
nobody?
Old 07-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
From my experiences, Warn makes great stuff but you have to pay for the name!
Old 07-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
From my experiences, Warn makes great stuff but you have to pay for the name!
x2

Can't go wrong with Warn. But their prices reflect that
Old 07-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
How does the price compar to PIAA or HELLA?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Kragen HIDs FTMFW!!!!! only like $100 each and bright as hell!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Lightforce!

The WARN lights are good though, a step down from lightforce but comparable to IPF and PIAA I'd say.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
razortaco is on a distinguished road
razortaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought and installed this set myself and overall am very pleased. The lights seem sturdy and solidly built and the included wiring harness is great - very quick and easy install especially since you do not have to run your switch wire into the cab as these come with a wireless switch system. I've installed bed lights in the back with a switch in the cab and by comparison, the wireless switch made these a breeze in terms of install time. Time will be the ultimate judge on the wireless system but so far it has worked flawlessly for a couple weeks now.

Light output is good for being 55w and it has a pretty flat bar-shaped beam that doesn't appear to bleed into an oncoming driver's eyes. I'd like to swap the bulbs out for 100w but when I asked the warn guys they replied that while they had not tested the lights with 100w bulbs they felt it would be too hot and didn't recommend it. Does that seem like it would be an issue to anyone else - any real danger of melting the plastic guards or glass lens on these with that wattage since they are so small (3.5")?

Hope this helps anyone else who might be looking at these.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
Assistant to the Regional Manager
JManders is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
JManders's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the wireless ones on my truck right now. work great are really bright. The guys that wired mine up originally messed up something with the wiring so that they sometimes go off when I hit a big bump or washboard. I just have to get around to fixing the place where they connected the wires for the lights. Otherwise, these lights are great. A little spendy though.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #10
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Yes, but the ABS plastic will crack off roading... They are bright HID driving lights... I wish they were built better, but they are cheap and made in China, so they're okay if they are for light-duty dirt road driving.

I now have Hella 4000 METAL lamps with 100 watt halogen bulbs.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Yes, but the ABS plastic will crack off roading... They are bright HID driving lights... I wish they were built better, but they are cheap and made in China, so they're okay if they are for light-duty dirt road driving.

I now have Hella 4000 METAL lamps with 100 watt halogen bulbs.
Mine get tore up in the Desert all the time and I have never had a problem with them. but I'm also running the HIDx lights. they are like the kragen lights though. the only complaint I have about HIDs are they take a min to warm up and get to full power. All of them do it.

Yeah metal lamps are all around better choice if you want halogen. But HIDs with metal housings are a pretty penny such as the Visionx lights. (By far the best quality out there and lifetime warranty) But those are $400 each. Thats a lot of coin and when you need 8 wow. The reason I run HID lights is because I have 8 total lights and if I was running 100w halogen bulbs thats a lot of power pulling for only the off road lights.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
i've seen first hand how shitty kragen HIDs are. Given they are bright as hell, i've seen the housing snap clean off while the truck was going over whoops.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #13
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
i've seen first hand how shitty kragen HIDs are. Given they are bright as hell, i've seen the housing snap clean off while the truck was going over whoops.
Really? I've never had a problem. everyone I know that has them swear by them too. Heck one of the Race guys here in AZ from DR is running them.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #14
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
119 for a weak ass 55w light with a shitty plastic housings?!?!?! FUCK that!!! You can get WAY better quality from KC for a pair of 100w light with a metal housing for 100. Stay away from those bullshit plastic housing low-budget lights. I would advise you to go with ProComp Explorer lights or KC. They not only have METAL housings but their prices are MUCH more affordable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=360097676130
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ ummm...the kragen lights are 55w....HID....much brighter than halogens, comparable light output from KC will be $800
Old 07-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #16
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

55W is brighter than 100w??? I find that kinda hard to beleive... Do you have pics to compare the 2???
Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #17
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

^ the 100w in the KC listing you showed me directly powers the bulbs, whereas the 55w HID powers the ballast of the xenon bulbs in the kit.

KC 100w halogen beam candlepower: 200,000
KC 35w HID candlepower: 575,000
Kragen 55w HID will be even more

figures are directly from Kragen's site
Old 07-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #18

Hmmm. That's interesting. So what if you get the HID kits for an H3 bulb and wire them to the 100W daylighters??? Will they be even brighter then the kragens?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #19
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, no.

HIDs come in 35w (most headlights are this) or 55W. It's not comparable to 55w vs 100w halogen bulbs. 55w HIDs are much brighter than 55w halogens (and thus why halogens are being replaced).

Putting a 35w HID into a 100w light will get you.... 35w HID being powered. You can't "push" electricity into the the light ballast and make it super bright. Just like putting 100w bulbs into 55w housing may cause a fire.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #20

Are we talking about the same ballasts that you can get from like ebay and craigslist to make your headlights brighter? And you CAN put a 100W, even a 130W, bulb in a 55W housing without problems. As long as you rewire them with a larger guage wire. Normally the 55W lights come with like 18 or 16 awg wire, so If you upgrade to 100w or 130w bulb, you need to rewire it with something that can handle the power draw increase like 14, 12, or maybe even 10 awg wire.