Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Bixenon morimoto mini

Old 07-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
motoxmann is on a distinguished road
motoxmann's Tacoma Gallery
Bixenon morimoto mini

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227

Has anyone used one of these kits from TRS? I want to do an HID conversion, but I want to use a projector and not just a set of bulbs. These kits look like they'd be the easiest to install. It appears that theres no modification of the headlight required ( short of opening it up and putting it back together). I'm sure the output isn't as great as a full on retro, but as long as it's good I'd rather go the easier route.

Also in the link it says that there's a d2s version coming for h4 setups. What's the benefit of this, and is it a better way to go? I won't be doing this for awhile, so it'll probably be out by the time I'm ready.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
D2S is an actual HID bulb. Your output will be better vs. the H1 I think the mini uses. Talk to Matt at TRS. He is really helpful. I am pretty sure the D2s minis are already out, just shoot him an email and ask. He sent me comparisons of this mini and they were very nice.

I got all my retrofit stuff there and they were all very helpful.