1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PIAA 510 Burnt out...what the heck??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Masada, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jun 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm not positive exactly how to take he bulb out but I remembered it wasnt that hard. Do you still have the manual for it? Maybe try googling it.

2. Jan 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    Tunajoe13

Tunajoe13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Parrish, FL
    Vehicle:
    05’ Base V6 4x4 extended cab
    20'' wheels, 34''x11" Toyo Open Country A/T II tires, 4.88 Gears, ARB Locking Rear Diff, ARB compressor, Fiberglass bed cover, Weathertech floor liners, Weathertech side window protectors, Allpro Apex front bumper, Allpro Apex rear bumper Allpro 3'' Expo rear leaf kit, Allpro hidden hitch receiver, 10'' aluminum drop hitch, Camburg 4'' spindles, Allpro uniball uca's, Ottonavi 6.5'' touch screen G.P.S, 09' Tailgate with factory reverse camera, Stampede hood protector, Raptor style grill and hood mesh (Homertaco), Piaa 5100 Fog lights, Volt HID's, Viper5704 Alarm with remote start, Limo tint, Scangauge II, TRD cai, URD 3'' Mk2 exhaust, Doug Thorley LT headers, URD Y-pipe, Unichip PnP Pcm, Unichip Flux2 display, Factory Sport hood....
    Ugh! MIne went out after 6 months yesterday... They are mounted in an allpro front bumper. Gonna need to try 13556 or 13555 series bulbs bc I cant find the 13455 anywhere. Will that work? I want to get the crystal ion fog to go with the yellow lense.

3. Aug 20, 2020 at 9:13 PM
    EHNWI

EHNWI New Member

Member:
    I hate to bring back this really old thread, but I am having an issue with my PIAA passenger fog light blowing the fog fuse and noticed something in here about the nylon washer surge fix and can't find any other info about this anywhere. I have a shrockworks bumper on my 4unner with PIAA 510 fog lights mounted in the bumper. I went to replace the bulb in my passenger side fog light, and noticed the black wire had corroded from the connector between the wiring harness and the lamp. So I snipped both sides of the white connector and joined the wires. I turned on the fogs and it blew the fog fuse. I took the light out of the bumper, looked at all the wires, put a new fuse in, and both sides were working again. I went to put the light back in, and as soon as the bare metal lamp bracket contacts the bare metal bumper mount, it blows the fuse. So I put some electrical tape between the lamp bracket and the bumper mount, and the light works no problem. This leads me back to the nylon washer surge fix mentioned in this thread. Is this normal? Is the metal PIAA housing/mounting bracket being electrified by a short in the lamp itself, causing some issue when it touches the metal bumper? The driver side is mounted in the bumper just fine. The lights were mounted in the bumper when there was a fresh powder coat. At that time there was no metal to metal with the bracket and bumper mount, it has since rusted a bit exposing bare metal.

4. Aug 21, 2020 at 3:36 AM
    Too Stroked

Too Stroked Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South shore of Lake Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Um, no. That's a collection of old wives tales. And BTW, it's 13.2 volts, not amps.

Products Discussed in

To Top