1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP!!! w/ Angel Eyes Headlights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jjw1, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    i just bought some angel eyes headlights yesterday n one of them has dried up moisture on the inside lense...idk how to take them apart n clean them....i have the clear silicone already n the lights dont have any leaks...the moisture got in them from sitting open in a garage....i need help ASAP!!!!

2. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    VooDoo

VooDoo More Cowbell!

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter Ivey
    Baton Rouge, LA/ Starkville, MS
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC LB PreRunner
    Could you put them in the oven like youre going about the BHLM?

3. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    If you search for instructions for the BHLM, you could follow those instructions to take the headlight apart, clean it, and put it back together.

4. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    jjw1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    i was told that but idk what to do to do that...like idk what to remove

5. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,

there's a thread with instructions. It involves putting it in the oven to loosen the glue and then using a flathead screwdriver to pry the lens from the backing of the headlight. Once it's apart you can clean it.

6. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Follow the steps for the BLHM to get them apart. Clean them, remove all the original sealing stuff, and then reseal with the 3M stuff.

7. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    VooDoo

VooDoo More Cowbell!

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter Ivey
    Baton Rouge, LA/ Starkville, MS
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC LB PreRunner
  8. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    jjw1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    i understand that but do i have to remove the bulbs n rubber stuff??? thats what idk how to do if i do have to take the bulbs out

9. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    Yea, take the bulb out and rubber stuff off of the light, and anything else that will melt in the oven. lol

10. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    follow the link VooDoo posted. it walks you right through it.

11. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    jjw1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    taking the bulbs n rubber out is a P.I.T.A. n idk how to do it!!! im only 16 btw

12. Jul 11, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    Are you having trouble taking the headlight out of your truck? or taking the actual bulb out of the housing?? The bulb should just twist out from the back.

13. Jul 11, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    jjw1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    taking them outta the housing!!! these lights r way different then stock!!! im thinkin bout just takin them to the local truck custom shop n have them do it...idk what to do...i dont really trust myself n i dont wanna break anything

14. Jul 11, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    ohh gotcha :confused:. Well i'd try searching the forum first for angel eye headlight threads and find somebody with the same lights and ask them via pm. That'll be a lot easier and cheaper than taking it to a professional to do it for you.

15. Jul 11, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    jjw1

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    i know it would...ive called n txt the guy i bought them from n he still hasnt responded back!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top