Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HELP! light behind fan knob wont come out!!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
jayyyg84 is on a distinguished road
Army: 63 whiskey
Name: joe
jayyyg84's Tacoma Gallery
HELP! light behind fan knob wont come out!!

my backlit light for the fan knob on the temp control panel is out. when i was installing my radio i could not take out that bulb for the world!!!! is there a "trick" to switching those lites out? all help is appreciated!!! thanx
Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
mines out too!!....want some popcorn? lol!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...urned-out.html
Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 AM   #4

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...burnt-out.html

Thats all I found ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old 07-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #5
i have an 03

my taco is an 03, and i dont see no brown disc like on the 05-up models!!! wut am i to do!!! it dont matter that its out, i can live with it, but its this small infestation of OCD that will bring me relief if i can have the lite changed out!!! it kinda makes me feel tense everytime i turn on lights and that damn fan knob area is black!!! cuz of no lite!!!! any other help man? please lol
Old 07-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
They have to be removed from the back.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ange-help.html
Old 07-13-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyyg84 View Post
my backlit light for the fan knob on the temp control panel is out. when i was installing my radio i could not take out that bulb for the world!!!! is there a "trick" to switching those lites out? all help is appreciated!!! thanx

Good god this was a bitch, but I have pics in my gallery of the whole process. See numbered pix titled CDash removeal and Temp Cntrl.

Basically, you have to remove the entire white temp control unit form the center dash, take that apart, and then work from the back of that. The brown things are the twist-lock bulbs. I think they are $9 each.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:18 AM   #8
after seeing that process, which is not to bad. but looks like just time consuming and a big pain in the "dumb engineer who designed this idea" ass!!!!! ill pass on the fix till my ocd gets the better of me. LOL no wonder why them engineers are crazy!!!