LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Exerior lighting laws

Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
hey505 will become famous soon enough
hey505's Tacoma Gallery
Exerior lighting laws

What are the main laws in CA re: exterior lighting on vehicles ?
are certain lights only allowed off road or have to be covered up on street ?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey505 View Post
What are the main laws in CA re: exterior lighting on vehicles ?
are certain lights only allowed off road or have to be covered up on street ?
http://www.liftlaws.com/california_lift_laws.htm

I know some people have stated that some states aren't 100% correct, but if it counts for anything, the rules stated for Utah coincide with the Utah safety inspection rules, almost word for word. Utah laws concerning lights are a little vague though. It seems California laws are much more detailed.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Though offtopic and of no help, I have a total of 10 forward facing lights, uncovered, and have yet to be cited or harassed about them in Utah...
Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
ya. Utah doesn't mention "off road" lights in their laws that I could find, so as long as you aren't running more than 4 at the same time on the roads, I think you should be ok. Thats the theory I'm going with anyway. Have 4 roof lights, 2 driving lights, 2 fog lights, and 2 headlights.

Also, I couldn't find anything about off road lights needing to be covered in Utah. None of mine are covered either. I usually dont keep the roof lights mounted due to garage space though.