Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Are Hella 500's any good?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Are Hella 500's any good?

Hi, searched and couldnt find what i was looking for. So im looking at getting some hella 500's to mount infront of the grill on my tacoma and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with these lights? Are they any good?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lights-Li...n=HLA005750952

I'm looking at these. Is this a good price?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
i bought mine from walmart for $68.00 plus tax. if you have a walmart near you, buy them there. to answer your other question, yes i LOVE these lights
Old 07-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 of those on my brushguard and looking to buy a couple more. I LOVE them. Great light output.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
Old 07-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Spend the extra $30 and get a light that puts out more than your headlights.

I have a pair, can't wait to buy something better and replace them.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed most of the complaints come from people who have two behind satoshi mesh. Mine are pretty damn bright.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i have 4 hella 500's......2 driving lights...2 fog lights.....like them pretty good. they work for what i use them for.....and the price is right.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #8
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
They are a good supplement to your highbeams. But since you are mounting them on your bumper, you have brighter, larger options.

ProComp 130's (8 inch round) are absolutely stunning for the price. They don't come with wiring though, so you would have to buy or make a harness for them.

I had hella 500s on my last truck, procomp 130s on the truck before that. This truck is going to get either procomps, or possibly hella 4000s. I miss the "wow" factor the 130s had.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
sirwamz has a spectacular aura aboutsirwamz has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Gas Systems Technician (Mechanical), USS Donald Cook (DDG 75) [2004-2009]
sirwamz's Tacoma Gallery
The 500's come w 55w bulbs. You can put in 100w ones or do an HID conversion to give them more output. I got them and I like 'em.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_prettyman View Post
i bought mine from walmart for $68.00 plus tax. if you have a walmart near you, buy them there. to answer your other question, yes i LOVE these lights
that's why I bought mine = inexpensive. imho, they have the light output of your stock headlights. if you're looking for brighter lights, you might try the 500ff...i think the lens on the ff has no "grid" pattern breaking up/directing the light.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
They are decent for the price. I would recommend doing a HID conversion if you got them.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/79832-hella-500-hid-conversion-mount-behind-satoshi-how-w-pics.html
I love my Hella Rallaye 4000’s but they are a little more $$$ than the 500’s. Part of me wishes I would have gone with the 500’s and done the HID conversion.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwamz View Post
The 500's come w 55w bulbs. You can put in 100w ones or do an HID conversion to give them more output. I got them and I like 'em.
for sure do the HID conversion. They are bright as hell! DDM tuning has crap service, but you can get a kit for $40
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had the 500FF's, they were OK. With a 55W HID conversion, they're downright BRIGHT!! But Now I have a set of 700FF's(larger housing) and like them much better, both in looks and in output compared to the 500FFs. Instead of the HID conversion, I chose to just upgrade them to some 100W Vision-X super white bulbs and the output is really nice, all for about $110/pair all said and done.

Also, if anyone is interested in having the HID conversion done on some hella's but not comfortable doing it themselves, hit me up- I've done my share of conversions on them.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #16
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I loved my 500FF only problem is the light housing is plastic...damn thing got ripped off in a carwash... But I'd buy them again

Products Discussed in this Thread