Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Help: Can't get my headlight back in.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
TacomaToday is on a distinguished road
TacomaToday's Tacoma Gallery
Help: Can't get my headlight back in.

I'm feeling really dumb right now. Got the headlight out but can't put them back in. Feels like a puzzle or I'm just tired. How do I get that headlights back on the truck. I didn't see any thread that stated I need to remove the bumper. What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
haha had the same problem, just take your time and find the right way to do it and be patient. And no, you can leave the bumper on.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaToday View Post
I'm feeling really dumb right now. Got the headlight out but can't put them back in. Feels like a puzzle or I'm just tired. How do I get that headlights back on the truck. I didn't see any thread that stated I need to remove the bumper. What am I doing wrong?
You dont need to remove the bumper, I forgot how exactly I did it but just try different angles and be patient.

I know its a bitch.

Or try lookin at videos on youtube
Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
TacomaToday is on a distinguished road
TacomaToday's Tacoma Gallery
okay thanks guys! I'll try youtube.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
tacoma-user will become famous soon enough
tacoma-user's Tacoma Gallery
you ever find a video on youtube on how to put them back in? cuz im having that issue haha
Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
i had the same issue. you have to put them in at an angle i believe. bottom goes in first, then top.

it's a pain. i need to re-seal and aim my headlights and i'm reluctant to do them because i don't want to go through that shit again. haha. it took me like 30 mins to just get them back in.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
You talkin about the OEM headlights or aftermarket ones? Ugh...this reminds me of when I had projectors in my old Civic. Damn those SOBs were a mofo to put back on...hated replacing the bulbs.