Notices

Problem!!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
Problem!!

I have an HID kit in my truck and sometimes the right headlight doesnt turn on and sometimes it does?????? I have switched out ballists and everything.... any ideas on what the issue is?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Bad connection, simple as that. check all the crimps. If you soldered check all the joints for a cold solder. Got to be power. Bad ground even.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
my gues is a bad ground. mine worked great for a couple weeks, then all of the sudden the passenger side went out...turns out it was just a bad ground. i found a better ground and they've been perfect ever since
Old 07-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Put some grease on the connections so they don't rot. Penatrox or Noalox or something. It is amazing how fast a wet connection will rot when it's DC.

https://www.amazon.com/Noalox%C2%AE-.../dp/B0019KHHRE

Get it at Home Depo electrical section. Might not be the same brand but something like it.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
I have checked the ground even hooked it to the battery as a ground just to see if that was the problem and the same thing happens
Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
might be a loose connection internally then

Products Discussed in this Thread