Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

new headlights?

Old 07-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
tacoma-user will become famous soon enough
tacoma-user's Tacoma Gallery
new headlights?

so not to long ago i tried blacking out my headlights, took forever and never want to do it again! i feel like i messed up everything and although its looks ok with a quick look i feel like its trash i scuffed up the outside of them too . now i want to purchase some new ones, looking at ebay, would like to have blacked out ones already, and i dont like the halos at all, what would you guys recommend? i hear people that have purchase some ebay ones has had issues such as fogging and the such. i would really appreciate the input!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
these look legit! but idk! anyone have these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...#ht_4414wt_941
Old 07-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby15 View Post
do you have these? i see those on ebay as well, have you had any issues?
Old 07-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
brians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the roughbrians05taco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brian
brians05taco's Tacoma Gallery
they will prob be fine but i would apply a bead around the lights for added security.... better safe than sorry
Old 07-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Everything I've read on here that last 2 years suggest that the majority of people that buy the Revotec ones don't have issues in comparison to the other brands. But you can always add a little bead of silicone around the edge for reassurance.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
alright im sold im getting the revotecs thanks so much!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #9
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Only downside to the revotecs that I experienced, besides the _threat_ of leakage and lens degradation over time, is that the light distribution is not as good as stock. It had a definite hot-spot in the middle and was a bit dimmer on the edges. Not dangerously bad mind you, just enough that I went back to a stock tinted (09+ TRD) HL.

Still prefer the looks of the revotecs HLs though, with the black-out and the clear turn signal lens they look great.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
yeah thats what i heard, i do like keeping my lights on all the time too, guess thats not gonna happen anymore! lesson learned though, im not going to experiment on my tacoma anymore! haha but im sure these ones that i bought will be fine! im jealous you have the 09 lights! they come smoked out a lil bit which i really like! i have a 08, one more year! dang it!