Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM success/failure

View Poll Results: Have you done the BHLM?
Yes, perfectly! 197 24.02%
Yes, and I screwed up 76 9.27%
I haven't got around to it yet 547 66.71%
Voters: 820. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #201
Captain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the roughCaptain Stabbin is a jewel in the rough
Navy: PO1
Name: Justin
Captain Stabbin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderpicks View Post
Also i know that the lights is super hard to put on and remove, without taking off the bumper....

Did you guys just yank it out with the bumper on or took off the bumper to do it?
I didn't have any real trouble. I took out the two screws on the front of the fender well, that attach the wheel well liner to the bottom of the bumper. That way I could pull the plastic out of the way to get the hard-to-reach bolts. For the screw by the bumper, I just applied a little outward pressure to the bumper and it came right out. Just be careful when removing the light because you can scratch your bumper like I did.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #205
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine last week and it came out great! Wasn't hard at all, just took time cuz I could only heat one light at a time.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #207
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM is AWFULLY easy.
I finally got my hands on (1) Extra headlight
Split it open like BUTTER, super easy to separate....

Now im just waiting to throw some projectors in there
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #208
PUT THE WORK IN
g.hampton will become famous soon enoughg.hampton will become famous soon enough

Air Force: aerial porter
Name: Garrett
g.hampton's Tacoma Gallery
My first attempt at the BHLM was half perfect. I got everything right on the right side head light and then, I guess I didn't seal the left one just right and I had a bunch of leakage. So, I took it out, heated it back up, cleaned the sealant off real good, and sealed it back up. It's been great ever since!