Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM success/failure

View Poll Results: Have you done the BHLM?
Yes, perfectly! 197 24.05%
Yes, and I screwed up 75 9.16%
I haven't got around to it yet 547 66.79%
Voters: 819. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I want to do the BLHM but am afraid of screwing up my stock lights also. I'm going to buy a spare set to mess with and sell the stockers off if the mod works out. I figure in the end, I'll come out even.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #22
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
People! If you rush it, it will show. If you place them together too soon, you've got a good chance of getting some fog,haze.

You have to allow the paint to "CURE". If not, have some hazy headlights.

I allow 2 days try time on my headlights to keep them Pristine. Well maybe, I just don't ever rush anything I do.... I mean anything
That is why we "pre-burn." Once they are dry (15-20 mins), I put them back in the oven at 250 degrees ON for 5 mins. This will burn off any chemicals that would be given off as a gas.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #23
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
came out good no leaks but....minor scratches around the lens when i put em together
Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #24
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
just bought one used headlight on ebay for $10!!!

Its gonna be my test dummy
Old 07-28-2010, 05:25 AM   #25
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Does it matter how long the headlight assembly is left apart? Does the adhesive lose it's integrity after a day or so or do the headlights seal up regardless of how long you leave the assebly apart?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #26
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Does it matter how long the headlight assembly is left apart? Does the adhesive lose it's integrity after a day or so or do the headlights seal up regardless of how long you leave the assebly apart?
I had my assembly apart for 6 months It doesn't matter. Just reheat.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #27

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Thanks. I'm going to attempt mine over Labor Day weekend (I'm leaning towards painting them white to match the truck though). They won't be apart nearly 6 months but maybe a week.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #28
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
so my headlight came in yesterday!!
I did the BHLM and wow, it was so much easier that i had ever expected!! If you have any skills at all that you can pull this mod off
Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #29
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
DONE!!
Pics tomorrow
Old 08-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #30
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to Viet's write up it went smooth. Except that i forgot to clean in side one of the lens, so I will have to reopen it.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #31
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
^^looks awesome!!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #32
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery

Old 08-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #33
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post

Holy shit man, when people say to take your time and make sure to let them dry before putting them back together, you take it to another level!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #34
BIG MoFukin SERG is on a distinguished road

Name: Serg
BIG MoFukin SERG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post

Looks awesome dude...I've also been hesitant to try this mod myself but after seeing yours, I'm definitely gonna try it...did you just follow Viet's write-up?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #35
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
Nice pics! How did u do that?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #36
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
yep just followed his write up...its almost to easy
Old 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #37
Taco Newb
Imaking will become famous soon enough

Name: Isaac
Imaking's Tacoma Gallery
I just did the BHLM last night and unfortunately.... don't like the result as much as I thought I would.

Dammit
Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #38
donovan6241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Donovan
donovan6241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
Done 3 sets no problems.
1st set took about 2 hours total
2nd and 3rd sets were about 1 hour work time.

Its quite simple to do.
i also live in san diego. Is there any way you can do mine or help me?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #39
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
should be an option on the poll for people who got the headlights out only to find out their ovens to small
Old 10-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #40
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
I put screwed up because right after I did it one of them leaked in the rain and fogged up. all it took was another bead of silicone around it and good to go for almost a year now.