Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM success/failure

View Poll Results: Have you done the BHLM?
Yes, perfectly! 197 24.00%
Yes, and I screwed up 76 9.26%
I haven't got around to it yet 548 66.75%
Voters: 821. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #41
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came out perfect.I bought a set and took my time.swapped them out and sold the other set. down time with the truck.I resealed the back of the lens to make sure no leaks or fogging.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #42
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
I followed Viet's write up and it went smooth except for the cardboard catching on fire in the oven. Now, I need to get them buffed. They have some scratches and yellow haze from the sun. I'm happy with the turn out.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #43
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, I was a little nervous about doing it.....but it was a piece of cake! Took my time a did it right. No leaks or fogging. The only thing about the BHLM is, it reveals imperfections of the lens that you could't see before.

All in all......a great mod.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #44
TheTacoTruck is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
TheTacoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't gotten around to doing mine yet. I'm kind of nervous to do it, but it sounds like it's very doable by following Viet's write-up.

hopefully, I'll black out my badges and paint the grille this spring and then bhlm in the summer! maybe by then the nerves will wear off...
Old 02-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #45
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
yea Viet's writeup is WIN. I just reused that factory sealant with a few heat cycles and pressure in the oven, not a leak since and its been raining, snowing and what not.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #46
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoTruck View Post
I haven't gotten around to doing mine yet. I'm kind of nervous to do it, but it sounds like it's very doable by following Viet's write-up.

hopefully, I'll black out my badges and paint the grille this spring and then bhlm in the summer! maybe by then the nerves will wear off...
thats exactly the order i did mine...badges, grill, then bhlm
If the first 2 turn out good the BHLM should be a breeze!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #47
TacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amanda
TacomaGirl09's Tacoma Gallery
This is on my list of things to do next
Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #48
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

BarefootBandit's Tacoma Gallery
On the right headlight, I broke off the metal piece that holds the main bulb in. Only the rubber gromit holds it in now. It works and is still aimed straight though. Eventually I'll get HID's and that will solve that.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #49
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are not perfect, so i put in the screwed up option. but they are very close. I left a finger print inside, and i could have cleaned in the lens a bit better. but the whole process and everything wasn't too hard. Just take your time and you'll be fine! It takes a little patience and you could have them done perfect the first time.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #50
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
success!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #51
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
my attempt....is tommorrow
Old 03-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #52
Gunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Jim
Gunner23's Tacoma Gallery
In the middle of attempting it right now. Holy shit that epoxy is strong...
I think I'll let them dry overnight and put them back tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #53
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
my attempt went well!!!!
the hardest part is ridding of the stock goo...
#1 headlight has been curing since noon eastern time it;s not wet on my couch haha
i used 3m window weld in a caulk gun VERY GENEROUSLY! THE MASKING JOB IS NOT PERFECT UP CLOSE BUT WHO GIVES A DAMN!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #54

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
#2 IS IN THE OVEN............
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #55
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
my attempt went well!!!!
the hardest part is ridding of the stock goo...
#1 headlight has been curing since noon eastern time it;s not wet on my couch haha
i used 3m window weld in a caulk gun VERY GENEROUSLY! THE MASKING JOB IS NOT PERFECT UP CLOSE BUT WHO GIVES A DAMN!

lookin good
Old 03-17-2011, 04:19 AM   #56

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
thank ya sir....my other is cured install today!!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #57
Gunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud ofGunner23 has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Jim
Gunner23's Tacoma Gallery
Finished, went with Krylon Fusion matte black. My lenses are pretty scuffed, used that crystal cleaning junk and it helped a bit. Much easier getting back together than apart. Only problem is that now I have to black out my grille. Think I'll wait til my bumper gets here just to be sure...
Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #58

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner23 View Post
Finished, went with Krylon Fusion matte black. My lenses are pretty scuffed, used that crystal cleaning junk and it helped a bit. Much easier getting back together than apart. Only problem is that now I have to black out my grille. Think I'll wait til my bumper gets here just to be sure...
Old 03-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #59
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Ill probably finally do it in May
Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #60
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
How do you go about tinting the corner turn signals?