Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM success/failure

View Poll Results: Have you done the BHLM?
Yes, perfectly! 197 24.02%
Yes, and I screwed up 76 9.27%
I haven't got around to it yet 547 66.71%
Voters: 820. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #166
tacomaLS53 is on a distinguished road

tacomaLS53's Tacoma Gallery
So is it a bad idea to do the bhlm with plasti dip? has anyone done that?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #168
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
went pretty smoothly, but realized that I took out the chrome piece that projects the light for some reason but after I got everything apart I realized that I didnt need to do that. I did have some condensation in my passenger side housing but got it out by blowdrying and sealing the whole outside and they look and work great now. That was the only one I have ever done though.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #169
Zonk is on a distinguished road
Army:
Zonk's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine a couple weeks ago, I think they turned out pretty good.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #170
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
First attempt was successful
Old 03-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #171
CliffordBRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Cliff
CliffordBRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just did this on my 1st gen for the second time.
I ordered some Ebay lights and just threw in projectors for a mini retrofit. I recently attempted to take them back apart with little success, luckily I saved my stock housings. The housing from the ebay headlights pretty much was destroyed; I don't know if it was from heating/cooling or from the sealant I applied, but either way they were not salvageable.

Other than that they are now blacked out and ready to go, an easy mod to say the least...if you do it right the first time
Old 03-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #173
drewgodfrey is on a distinguished road

Name: drew
drewgodfrey's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't to smart and put cardboard in the oven, while it was heating up Also didn't seal them right, they are starting to leak.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #174
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Passanger one is leaking /: Definitely my fault. Sealed it with the stuff that was still in there. Used silicone around all the edges. Driver one is great! Ill have to re bake passanger one.

But i got these OEM headlights at a JDM car show for 30 bucks! It was a steal.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #175
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
I voted I screwed them up, but everything in the project it self came out good. I just put a light scratch on each light, they are a tricky to remove ... Hoesntly not a bad idea to remove the bumper cover IMO
Old 03-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #176
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Why can't our trucks come with the BHLM already installed... Hurry someone contact Toyota and tell them to do this for now on
Old 03-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #177
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished mine a couple of hours ago. It's the second time I've done this (first time was to a Toyota Echo) and the whole process was just peachy...

...except for the lens covers on the DTRL/turn signal bulbs. For whatever reason they both developed a crack right across the middle and split in two. Oh well!

I reused the sealant that was left on the lenses and took it through what has to be the longest automatic carwash I've ever come across...no leaks that I'm aware of thus far!

I'd post up pics, but my lenses are far too foggy. I need a restoration kit as the toothpaste method just wasn't abrasive enough.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #178
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #179
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine and my roommates and they both came out awesome, hers we did black and mine I did Coyote Tan... Ill post pics if you interested.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #180
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
Hey Eric, how did you restore the lens? I need o do mine soon.