Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM success/failure

View Poll Results: Have you done the BHLM?
Yes, perfectly! 197 23.94%
Yes, and I screwed up 76 9.23%
I haven't got around to it yet 550 66.83%
Voters: 823. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM success/failure

How many of you have had success with the BHLM? If not say what part your screwed up on!!
Old 07-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
20 sets on different cars. All came out good except for the very first one, which were my own. You learn and improve.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Done 3 sets no problems.
1st set took about 2 hours total
2nd and 3rd sets were about 1 hour work time.

Its quite simple to do.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookylookitzadam View Post
Done 3 sets no problems.
1st set took about 2 hours total
2nd and 3rd sets were about 1 hour work time.

Its quite simple to do.
Hard to believe they were done in an hour...

oven is 10 mins each. paint needs at LEAST 15 mins to dry. Or 30 mins total if you paint them separately. And then another 10 mins each to reseal.

That's a total of 55 mins of just waiting time.

Not saying you can't. Just tell me how you are
Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
All good except I need to reseal my passenger side. It's leaking.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I've done..... 7-10 sets?

Doing a 4Runner projector set this Saturday.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I traded my stock lights for BHLM lights, they are pretty decent, on the top corners of the high low beam light area are i guess burn marks from being in the oven too long, almost looks like headlight oxidation where it makes the lens blurry, but its not bad, and there are a some tiny paint chips but unnoticeable
Old 07-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Hard to believe they were done in an hour...

oven is 10 mins each. paint needs at LEAST 15 mins to dry. Or 30 mins total if you paint them separately. And then another 10 mins each to reseal.

That's a total of 55 mins of just waiting time.

Not saying you can't. Just tell me how you are
i think he meant work time as in hands on time, not including waiting for it to heat up and dry
Old 07-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
I really want to do this but i'm too scared that i would screw something up! What do you guys say? I've done the satoshi with no problems but i just don't know about this...
Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #10
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Ive never really worked on vehicles until I started getting into trucks (Had an accord and civic previously). Ive found that Im better at mechanical work than cosmetic. With that being said, when I did my BHLM I broke a piece of the housing which I had to gorilla glue back on, I also didnt seal them correctly, and I messed up the paint. LOL. After all was said and done, it came out great and you had to look hard to see where it had broken.

If you did your satoshi I say go for the BHLM.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
i think he meant work time as in hands on time, not including waiting for it to heat up and dry
yea, work time. Painting was super fast because I just hung them with wire on my porch and sprayed away.

The other time was spent drinking some dos equis and eating some tacos.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
Krewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Krewblink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatataco View Post
I broke a tab on my headlights ;[ maybe I buy new ones and do BHLM!
MORON. Take off my Avatar.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #14
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewblink View Post
MORON. Take off my Avatar.
What is with you two? Blowing up threads with your wierd double avatars...

Back on track, I have yet to try the BHLM..
Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper View Post
What is with you two? Blowing up threads with your wierd double avatars...

Back on track, I have yet to try the BHLM..
We can do it at my house I just did a set for a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
BHLM success/failure-img_0762.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Viet your work is awesome! When I do get around to mine I will be using your write up! In the meantime, you aren't planning on making a vacation by me are you?? New Orleans maybe?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
Viet your work is awesome! When I do get around to mine I will be using your write up! In the meantime, you aren't planning on making a vacation by me are you?? New Orleans maybe?
Haha nah man. Next vacation I make is prob to NY.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #18
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
We can do it at my house I just did a set for a friend.
Hmm...
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #19
I come from a long line of Conga dancers.
Natetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to allNatetroknot is a name known to all

Name: Nate
Natetroknot's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a spare set to try on and effed them up - left one in the oven for too long and melted the back housing. I really like the look of the BHLM but wouldn't try another set myself. Seems like a better idea to me letting someone on TW who's done a few take care of it.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #20
RAD@RECHELON/AESTHETICS
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RAD
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
People! If you rush it, it will show. If you place them together too soon, you've got a good chance of getting some fog,haze.

You have to allow the paint to "CURE". If not, have some hazy headlights.

I allow 2 days try time on my headlights to keep them Pristine. Well maybe, I just don't ever rush anything I do.... I mean anything