Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Mississippi Tail Light Laws

Old 07-25-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
FNG
BlackIce is on a distinguished road

BlackIce's Tacoma Gallery
Mississippi Tail Light Laws

I am thinking about tinting my brake lights and was reading my local laws. All we have to have in MS is one brake light. So I should be good to go leaving the third brake light stock.

Anyone from MS with tinted tails ever had any problems. The only thing cops tend to care about here is how dark your tint is.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
Rhino is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
Rhino's Tacoma Gallery
well im from misssissippi and my cousins a sherriff, he told me that i can tint mine just dark enough to make them look black yet still let the red show when i mash the brakes and i shouldnt have any problems with any law enforcement. they really dont care when you have a good looking truck cause most of them would do the same thing i had my doubts and worries to but i plan to do mine as soon as i get paid this week
Old 07-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be worried that if someone rear ended me they would sue my ass off for purposely making the truck less visible.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Its Mississippi, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I'd be worried that if someone rear ended me they would sue my ass off for purposely making the truck less visible.
But this^^....
Old 07-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
most cops won't pull someone over for tint or stuff like that if they're out of state..

hahahahaha...........
Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
AllenRips is on a distinguished road
Name: Allen
AllenRips's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
Its Mississippi, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

But this^^....
Thats a big ol negative on that statement. Haha, Louisiana is the state that don't give a damn. I build powerlines over here in LA for a living. I live on the mississippi alabama line. I would say the cops around the BR area all the way to slidell where i am now, have 0 give a f... in their system.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #9
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenRips View Post
Thats a big ol negative on that statement. Haha, Louisiana is the state that don't give a damn. I build powerlines over here in LA for a living. I live on the mississippi alabama line. I would say the cops around the BR area all the way to slidell where i am now, have 0 give a f... in their system.
dont recall saying that louisiana was more strict than mississippi, could you point that out to me?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
AllenRips is on a distinguished road
Name: Allen
AllenRips's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
dont recall saying that louisiana was more strict than mississippi, could you point that out to me?
sorry, misread it. Wasn't trying to be a smart ass anyway. simply saying Louisiana IS the place to be at. lol
Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
most cops won't pull someone over for tint or stuff like that if they're out of state..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teniente View Post
hahahahaha...........
I think Teniente has the right response... You are definitely more apt to get pulled with out of state plates, it's like a bulls eye!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #12
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenRips View Post
sorry, misread it. Wasn't trying to be a smart ass anyway. simply saying Louisiana IS the place to be at. lol
Haha its all good man. Born and raised in Louisiana, still not a single ticket after 3+ years of driving.