Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

another off road lights wiring question

Old 07-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
fidencio74 is on a distinguished road

Name: Fidencio
fidencio74's Tacoma Gallery
another off road lights wiring question

I just finished my Hella 500 HID conversion and I got a touch switch from Autozone, The switch has an LED light that stays on all the time and I would like it to be on when the ignotion is on. Can any one tell me where to get the power from? I have a relay the goes direct to the battery and the power from the switch that goes straight to the battery also. Which fuse can I tap it to? or may be the light does not draw enough current to drain the battery.

Thanks for the help.

Problem solved. I went off the cigarrette lighter.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm no light pro but having it always on from the battery just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I'm sure some on else will tell u what wire u need to splice into if you want to have it on when the ignition is on
Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
I see in your update you solved the problem. The cig lighter works, or tap a fuse labeled something like "ignition" or "12V accessory" or "12V switched"...that's the 12V typically connected to the ignition.

Check out my electrical basics/reference page for more info (link in signature)
Old 07-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
fidencio74 is on a distinguished road

Name: Fidencio
fidencio74's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryde09 View Post
I see in your update you solved the problem. The cig lighter works, or tap a fuse labeled something like "ignition" or "12V accessory" or "12V switched"...that's the 12V typically connected to the ignition.

Check out my electrical basics/reference page for more info (link in signature)
Thanks for the info.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
in your fuse box next to your battery, tap into the green wire that comes in at the top...it should be bundled with 4-5 other wires.