Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Headlight aiming price

Old 07-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight aiming price

Gentleman & Ladies,

Anyone know how much headlight aiming runs? I just put in the bi DDM's, and want to get them aimed correctly...yes, I've seen the pdf file, and no I dont want to mess with it. Also, I have the BHLM, and it seems like they dont reflect as much...anyone sharing the same results? -Shawn
Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, there should be some adjustment screws on the headlights. get on level surface, face wall @ 25 feet, and adjust! since you don't have projectors, wing it. as long as the light drops about 3inches you will be ok. good luck
Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Come to the meet. I can help ya out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...rida-meet.html
Old 07-26-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Do it your self man. It isn't worth the money. It doesn't have to be perfect, just pretty close.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:28 AM   #6
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Thanks gentleman....
Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 AM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
for the low low price of flying me and my wife to florida and 4 nights stay in a hotel, I will aim your headlights for you for no additional charge.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...6ta/051000.pdf
Old 07-27-2010, 06:20 AM   #9
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
When I took my truck in to get inspected the guy spent 20 minutes try to adjust mine. They are high and the adjusters dont seem to work.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #10

What a obvious solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
for the low low price of flying me and my wife to florida and 4 nights stay in a hotel, I will aim your headlights for you for no additional charge.
Keason...why didnt I think of that!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:37 AM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
hey no worries man. its easy to miss the obvious sometimes
Old 07-27-2010, 06:41 AM   #12

Thats why we keep you airforce guys around man...you pay attention.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #13
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I aimed mine myself. The guide posted is VERY technical and not necessary IMO. I used trial and error to find the right heights. If they are aimed too low, you know it pretty quickly (can't see). If they are aimed too high, other drivers will let you know pretty quickly - and don't delay in lowering them...it's dangerous.

I purposely aimed my left side a bit low (to not blind drivers with my insanely new HID lights). I also aimed my passenger side light high and a bit to the right. It really lights up the shoulder and helps me see pedestrians, bikers and deer about to run onto the road. I am VERY pleased and haven't been flashed by oncoming drivers since the adjustment.

Though it doesn't look like it, the adjustment screws are made to accept a phillps head screw driver. Each 1/2 turn has a definite effect on the light. Keep track of your starting point too so you could start over if necessary - write it down on paper.