Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

My AC Controls Light Mod - How To

Old 08-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #21
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Easy to mess up the clock... Be VERY PATIENT!!! I got a little excited and melted mine beyond repair, and I find mtself searching for a new one... Haha. Got super lucky and I think I found one though
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #22
Dont be stupid, its not smart.
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
SurfInferno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Easy to mess up the clock... Be VERY PATIENT!!! I got a little excited and melted mine beyond repair, and I find mtself searching for a new one... Haha. Got super lucky and I think I found one though
dang that sucks! i did mine yesterday and dug into it by accident once but not terrible. I used blue uline packaging tape for the back
Old 08-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #23
m3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
m3zy6's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that's by far the worst step. Its so tedious that if I were to do it again I would break it up into more than one session, just because I tend to start rushing after a while. Take off some, take an hour or so break, then finish up.

Glad to hear you found a source for a new one, thank goodness for totaled trucks.

I'll have to look for that tape Fighter, Im still not quite happy with mine. Any pics?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #24
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And now it looks as though I may be springing on a 2011 Super White! Ahh!!! I am getting this done first though!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #25
SurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurfInferno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3zy6 View Post
Yep, that's by far the worst step. Its so tedious that if I were to do it again I would break it up into more than one session, just because I tend to start rushing after a while. Take off some, take an hour or so break, then finish up.

Glad to hear you found a source for a new one, thank goodness for totaled trucks.

I'll have to look for that tape Fighter, Im still not quite happy with mine. Any pics?
i kinda have one pic. ill post another one up later

Old 08-31-2010, 01:25 AM   #26

heres the other pic

Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #27
m3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3zy6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
m3zy6's Tacoma Gallery
That looks good. The clock looks clearer than mine.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
more dash light mods any????
Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #29
Vivid Illumination

Everything is done on my truck except for the A/C controls... That's the next project and then everything will be blue and white
Old 11-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #30

Navy:
m3zy6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
more dash light mods any????
I am pretty satisfied with them now that they are all blue or red. The only things I may do in the future are swapping out the map and dome lights for some better LEDs.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
how hard was the gauges to you???
Old 11-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #32
Sweet Pea is on a distinguished road
Name: Sweet Pea
Sweet Pea's Tacoma Gallery
Hello, I really appreciate your posting. I am changing out the orange LEDs for super bright white ones. I have two questions. First, where I bought my 3mm superbrite leds I was told I have to solder an inline resitor for each led on the longer side of the led. I did not see that you had to do this. Second question, I have taken apart my a/c control assembly and while I was studying the pc board, a short fat spring fell out. Do you remember where this goes? I am fairly sure it goes on the far left end of the 3 ac adjustors, but where? I went to my local dealership, but they only had a picture of the assembly together and were no help. So any suggestions would help. Thank you, sweet pea
Old 11-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #33

Navy:
m3zy6's Tacoma Gallery
I did not add any resistors, I just swapped out the stock, amber leds with the new, blue ones. I'm pretty sure that you would only need a resistor if you were replacing a non-led bulb with an led.

The only spring I remember is for the detent ball in the left-hand knob.

For additional pics check out the other thread -
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...mbly-pics.html

Good luck.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:11 AM   #34
Aquilla1 will become famous soon enough
Army:
Aquilla1's Tacoma Gallery
PIP 1

Working on this mod today - and discovered that you can remove the amber/orange paint from the inside of the AC/Recirculate buttons using a Q-tip and fingernail polish remover (acetate) it comes of VERY easy, no mess and no danger of ruining your buttons.

Generic 5mm 3v LEDs from radioshack work

Just need to swap the bulbs for blue LEDs and figure out how to clear that amber from the bezels...

Thanks for the help on taking it apart and putting back together - SUPER HELP!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #35
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilla1 View Post
Working on this mod today - and discovered that you can remove the amber/orange paint from the inside of the AC/Recirculate buttons using a Q-tip and fingernail polish remover (acetate) it comes of VERY easy, no mess and no danger of ruining your buttons.

Just need to swap the bulbs for blue LEDs and figure out how to clear that amber from the bezels...

so does fingernail polish not work to remove the amber color from the clock? just the recirculate and ac buttons?
Old 02-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #36

Navy:
m3zy6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
so does fingernail polish not work to remove the amber color from the clock? just the recirculate and ac buttons?
I tried acetone before breaking out the Dremel, it didn't do anything. Would be so much nicer if that was all you needed.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #37
deerslayer75 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
deerslayer75's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome write up! I hate my amber gauges and was back and forth as to what color to do everything else because I didn't want blue gauges, clock, and radio with amber AC. I will have to start my blue led mod soon!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #39
deerslayer75 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
deerslayer75's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilla1 View Post

So you can only do this with the AC and recirculate buttons? That would make things a lot easier if you could do this all the way around, and with the clock as well.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #40
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Clock backlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer75 View Post
So you can only do this with the AC and recirculate buttons? That would make things a lot easier if you could do this all the way around, and with the clock as well.

For the clock you only have to replace the 3 LEDs behind the screen in the 10 and up year models. Your numbers on the clock should appear larger than the pictures in this thread because it is a different clock set up between the pre-10s and the 10-11 year models.