Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

1st Gen Aftermarket Replacement Headlights

Old 08-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Aftermarket Replacement Headlights

I'm tired of my HLs turning yellow & I'm tired of polishing them. Anyone have any input of the OE style replacement headlights? How much different is the beam quality over stock?

They cen be purchased for about $70 for the pair, the stock OEM ones the best price I found was $145 ea. For $70 for the pair I'd say it's worth not having to polish every 3 months or so for a couple of years but if they're junk I'll have to go with new OEMs. I'm not a fan of aftermarket body parts because of past experiences & avoid them when possible.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
I'm tired of my HLs turning yellow & I'm tired of polishing them. Anyone have any input of the OE style replacement headlights? How much different is the beam quality over stock?

They cen be purchased for about $70 for the pair, the stock OEM ones the best price I found was $145 ea. For $70 for the pair I'd say it's worth not having to polish every 3 months or so for a couple of years but if they're junk I'll have to go with new OEMs. I'm not a fan of aftermarket body parts because of past experiences & avoid them when possible.

Thanks
just as a side note, i didn't buy mine for a replacement, i bought mine to do a HID conversion. but its still the best deal around, unless you get a used set somewhere
Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
just as a side note, i didn't buy mine for a replacement, i bought mine to do a HID conversion. but its still the best deal around, unless you get a used set somewhere
Thanks, ebay is where I was looking too but I have checked the local suppliers yet for their pricing. Usually not very much more & if that's the case I'll pick them up locally.

Not going to do a projector conversion so I'm trying to find out how the beam profile is compared to the OEM HLs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanSR5x4 View Post
i found these and they seem reasonable i suppose

http://www.slickcar.com/accessories/...ccessories.asp
I'm sorry to say (I don't like to recommend ebay) but you can find those same "diamond clear" HLs for 00' on ebay for much cheaper & with corner lights. They even have the black housing ones. I guess they don't look too bad but the black housing ones for 01 up look stupid IMO.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:06 AM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Rockauto.com is a vendor here.Check 'em out if you haven't already.