which headlights should i get?

ok, so try and picture my tacoma:

black 08 Prerunner with matching bumpers & grille
-blacked out decals/emblems
-limo tints

here is my question:
do you like these halo headlights
http://www.carid.com/2008-toyota-tac...tor-70733.html

or these 'euro' headlights (just looks like BHLM [i dont trust myself to do the BHLM!!])
http://www.carid.com/2008-toyota-tac...yle-71042.html

i'm at work right now and will post pictures in a few minutes so you can see what we're actually dealing with here.
thanks.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
trdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
trdagule's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosophizer View Post

-limo tints

here is my question:

or these 'euro' headlights (just looks like BHLM [i dont trust myself to do the BHLM!!])

i'm at work right now and will post pictures in a few minutes so you can see what we're actually dealing with here.
thanks.
why you dont make it yourself
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...light-mod.html

Old 08-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

-limo tints

here is my question:

thanks.
I'm looking at the same ones, but the Gen. 2s projectors, either way you can beat those prices on E-Bay by quite a bit.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
The Philosophizer is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
The Philosophizer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdagule View Post

im not.... how you say.... competent? lol i dont trust myself doing that whole oven thing, I know i would mess something up.

besides my dad would have a heart attack if i did that.

just ordered those halo's. psh and my boss says i never get anything done at work...
Old 08-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you like the halo's they look damn good, but everyone of my friends that have them say they aren't bright for shit, he rides around with his brights on all the time, I hope you have better luck! They look good for sure though. Bosses don't know much man!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Hope you like the halo's they look damn good, but everyone of my friends that have them say they aren't bright for shit, he rides around with his brights on all the time, I hope you have better luck! They look good for sure though. Bosses don't know much man!
ah, thanks for the advice. luckily they have a really good return policy. if i don't like them, takem back!

oh yea, and tru dat about the bosses haha
Old 08-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
trdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I'm looking at the same ones, but the Gen. 2s projectors, either way you can beat those prices on E-Bay by quite a bit.
and u can beat the price doing it your self link

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...light-mod.html i did my color mach
Old 08-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #8

Quote:
im not.... how you say.... competent? lol i dont trust myself doing that whole oven thing, I know i would mess something up.

just ordered those halo's. psh and my boss says i never get anything done at work...
what are u doing w your oem headlight?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm in the same boat, I don't feel like I'll do a good job. I'm going to get a second set of OEM lights to mess with. If they work out, I'll mount them up, if not, I'll still have the originals.

Good luck with the projectors!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #10

Quote:
what are u doing w your oem headlight?
well, if i like how the projectors work out, im probably gonna get rid of them.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'm in the same boat, I don't feel like I'll do a good job. I'm going to get a second set of OEM lights to mess with. If they work out, I'll mount them up, if not, I'll still have the originals.

Good luck with the projectors!
thanks man, and ill let you know how they work out for me and what i end up doing with them
Old 08-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #12

Attached Thumbnails
which headlights should i get?-dsc_5740.jpg   which headlights should i get?-dsc_5872_3_4_5_6_tonemapped.jpg   which headlights should i get?-img_0011.jpg   which headlights should i get?-img_0019.jpg  
Old 08-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #13
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I really like that set-up! The color match looks awesome! I'm thinking about doing mine white, but I don't know how it'll look with white headlights and white eyelids...
Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #14

or i'd even trade them for some other ones, if somebody was willing
Old 08-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I really like that set-up! The color match looks awesome! I'm thinking about doing mine white, but I don't know how it'll look with white headlights and white eyelids...
white on white look good to chek this link
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tacoma-5.html
Old 08-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #16

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
white on white look good to chek this link
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tacoma-5.html
Ooooh, white headlights and white eyelids....

Thanks for the link, I'm sold. Labor Day weekend, the truck is getting a facelift!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
I Dont like the halo lights it's not my style the black housing is badass with a black truck
any tutorials for changing the housing to black/?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #19
joluga123 is on a distinguished road
joluga123's Tacoma Gallery
The second option look like this ones on ebay, they cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories
Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #20
RMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jay
RMTacoguy30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joluga123 View Post
The second option look like this ones on ebay, they cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories
Are these as bright as the stocks or are they dim also?