Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Which HID kit?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Ammo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: AMMO
Ammo guy's Tacoma Gallery
Which HID kit?

I want to put in HIDs but I donít know where to start. Iím torn between 4300k and 6000k. Also I have no idea on brand to go with. Any suggestions would help.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
shredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to allshredtacoma is a name known to all
Name: Jace
shredtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
4300 its white with no blue, 6000 is white with blue, personally id go 4300k
Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
DDM is good stuff. 4300 is stock color and 6000 is blue. Search for more info.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
I went with 5000k in 35watt

Here's mine;

Here's complete darkness, you cant even make out the truck!

Help from a big flood-light....

Foglights on only...

HID 5000k's in Headlights and Fogs. Both on...
Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Another note. 35 watt is already brighter than stock so if you go 55 watt you will get people high beaming and you might get pulled over.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
4k has a little bit of yellow in it, 6k has a little bit of blue in it, but not so much that you would get pulled over.

There is a group buy for these right now at: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...8-15-10-a.html

Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
DDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8kfd-xY6U

I aimed the lights down now
Old 08-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #9
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
First off I wouldn't buy anything from DDM their kits are hit or miss and from what I've read the customer service is a joke. But if you want a really nice bright light that does the best job lighting up objects and the road go with the 5K that's what I'm going to be running soon.

Here's the kit I'm looking at: all digital and a lifetime warranty on the bulbs
http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...VERSION/Detail
Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #10
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
yeah, it seems it is hit or miss with DDM. I personally havent had any problems with my lights from DDM, but it is friday the 13th, so we will see what happens. All my lights are 6000k except my headlights which are 8000k... 5000k is probably the whitest you can get, no blue or yellow tint to them.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #11
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohrmundt View Post
yeah, it seems it is hit or miss with DDM. I personally havent had any problems with my lights from DDM, but it is friday the 13th, so we will see what happens. All my lights are 6000k except my headlights which are 8000k... 5000k is probably the whitest you can get, no blue or yellow tint to them.
hmmm...I think you like lights...
Old 08-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
Ammo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: AMMO
Ammo guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
I went with 5000k in 35watt

Here's mine;

Here's complete darkness, you cant even make out the truck!

Help from a big flood-light....

Foglights on only...

HID 5000k's in Headlights and Fogs. Both on...

Those lightts are NICE....can you let me know the brand and possibley a link
Old 08-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #13
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Another AMMO troop here