Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Conversion headlamps

Old 08-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Conversion headlamps

I know a lot of you have aftermarket headlamps on your 2nd gen trucks. It seems that most of those are primarily for looks.

On my previous vehicles I have removed the existing sealed beam headlamps and installed Hella H4 conversion lamps. The Tacoma does not use a standard lamp, so I can't do this. It's a shame, because the Hella H4s made off road type lights completely unnecessary for driving on the road.

I am pretty happy with my low beams the way they are. What I need is a substantially brighter, farther reaching high beam. Does anyone have a conversion light on their 2nd Gen that puts out comparable light to a set of off road lights (hella 4000, procomp 130 or similar). I would love to not have an aftermarket lightbar hanging on the front of my truck.

If I could get a H6054 size H4 conversion like I had on my 86 Toyota 4x4 to fit on this truck, I would be happy.

Ideas? Experience?