Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID's that are pnp

Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #41
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
did you buy them for the ease of the install? i'm almost ready to move on to a bigger setup like the fx-r
Old 09-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #42
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
did you buy them for the ease of the install? i'm almost ready to move on to a bigger setup like the fx-r
Yes, ease of install and cost. This will be my first retrofit to install and I didn't want to get into time and effort to get everything aligned perfectly. I just sold a 2007 Civic Si that I had TSX retrofits in and I loved them so it's the first order of business on my Taco.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #43
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
outstanding i really like my lights. just sold my subaru with fx35's in it. after finding these, i had to jump on them. are you reusing your stock lights?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #44
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
outstanding i really like my lights. just sold my subaru with fx35's in it. after finding these, i had to jump on them. are you reusing your stock lights?
Yes, I will use my stock lights. Going to leave the reflector chrome and black out the rest. Leaving the amber in them too for more of a stock look.

Next thing I would like to toy with is retrofitting the factory fogs with these mini projectors. You could use them as an extra high beam too. I don't think anyone has done this.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #45
red balls got me!

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
the blazer lights would be perfect for some fogs. looking forward to seeing how the mini d2s looks in your ride
Old 09-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #46
red balls got me!

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
i posted this in another thread as well, but it applies here too. these four output pics are of complete mod free hid projectors. no cutting of the reflector bowl is need.

mini d2s

mini h1

g1

g3
Old 09-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #47
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Here is my thread on my retrofit install.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ml#post2175334
Old 09-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #48
Ridendirtywhips will become famous soon enoughRidendirtywhips will become famous soon enough
Ridendirtywhips's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Thanks for the write up....
Old 09-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #49
red balls got me!

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
thanks! hope i can help anyone who wants to go this route
Old 09-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #50
tmolina is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
tmolina's Tacoma Gallery
ttt

Quote:
thanks! hope i can help anyone who wants to go this route
Your the man...
Old 09-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #51
red balls got me!

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
and for those doing this kind of retro, remember to secure your dust covers tightly. if not, then you will get dirt inside the headlight housing during long trail runs.. ask me how i know this...
Old 09-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #52
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and for those doing this kind of retro, remember to secure your dust covers tightly. if not, then you will get dirt inside the headlight housing during long trail runs.. ask me how i know this...

Can you explain how you installed them and a quick pick please.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #53
red balls got me!

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
might look different, but all cut out the center of the stock dust boot and put on. it was a tight fit, i had to use a screwdriver to help stretch it out

Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #54
r4e is on a distinguished road
r4e's Tacoma Gallery
OP - Have you considered retrofit projectors in turn signals?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #55
red balls got me!

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
no. the only mod i see doing is either some offroad hid's in a light bar or doing the blinker swap and dropping in some hella's in the bumper where the stock blinkers are located
Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #56
DonOmar is on a distinguished road

Name: Omar
DonOmar's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Thanks IamTacO for the great info! I'm just about to make my move on the Bi-Xenon FX-R Stage IV Kit with Apollo Shrouds and Philips D2S bulbs. My only hesitation is how to mount the projectors accurately?

Again, thanks for all the great info. guys!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:09 AM   #57
red balls got me!

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
i pm'd you back, i read your pm first before reading this post. whole different ball game from the mini's to the fx-r's.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #58
DonOmar is on a distinguished road

Name: Omar
DonOmar's Tacoma Gallery
Oops! Thanks IamTacO, I abruptly changed my mind and decided to switch to the Morimoto Minis D2S
Old 12-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #59
lonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to alllonzorizo is a name known to all

Name: Lonnie
lonzorizo's Tacoma Gallery
This thread answered so many questions for me...so glad i found this. Thanks! Too bad a lot of the pics arn't up tho
Old 01-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #60
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
If i already have a HID plug and play kit can i just order the shroud and other piece or does it all have to be ordered ?? just ordered them so not wanting to dump a bunch of money in just yet thanks