Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Opinions of/experience with Vision X style LED offroad lights???

Old 08-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions of/experience with Vision X style LED offroad lights???

I found these LED offroad lights and they look pretty cool but they're expensive as fuck. I'd like to hear some opinions of them or if anyone has experience, I'd like to hear that too. Another thing is that this website has the output measured in Lumens. I'm not sure how bright that is but a 100W KC daylighter has a 200,000 candlepower output. So how would a 120W LED at 7200 Lumens compare to a 100W daylighter?

Here's the link: http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod.../514/sfID3/518

Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

bump
Old 08-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My friend had a fairly large led light bar from them on his buggy. It worked great and never gave him problems.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Ya check this out this is the new thing out here in vegas! Guy told me it was like the face of the sun bright the price is freaking high 1200 for the one bar!

Baller Sandrail!
Old 08-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
These things r badass,alot of trucks at the mdr race were running these lights and they are insane.I would get em if I had the money
Old 08-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #6

Dude that thing is SICK!!! I want to see some pics of the ligh bars on at night compared to some daylighters or something.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Dude that thing is SICK!!! I want to see some pics of the ligh bars on at night compared to some daylighters or something.
The race team I'm apart of is Sponsored by Visionx Lighting and The company is based out of Scottsdale, AZ.

anyways. THe LEDs are going to be a Crisp White light and the Daylighters are going to be yellowish. And these are going to be a brighter. That little one you posted it really small and the beam isn't going to be super wide depending on what pattern you go with. The awesome thing about the LEDs is the draw very low amps which is why people use them on their race trucks. Also they will be brighter and last longer then a halogen or an HID light. If you have the money to buy a large one thats the best way to go as far as lighting.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:49 PM   #8

Awesome. Thanks for the info Alex. I really want some but they're just soo damn expensive.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
MReedTRD10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
MReedTRD10's Tacoma Gallery
holey moley!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #10
GSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ron
GSRON's Tacoma Gallery
Overland Journal did a light comparison a few issues back. Compared to the Light Force and Baja Designs HID lights the LED light kinda were on the weak side. Even the Halogen Hella 4000's were better at lighting up the road. If I remember it was hard to tell a difference in light on the ground between the LED lights with or w/o the stock headlights on. They seemed to make a better fog and or cornering light than a driving light......
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sick!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #12
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
I found these LED offroad lights and they look pretty cool but they're expensive as fuck. I'd like to hear some opinions of them or if anyone has experience, I'd like to hear that too. Another thing is that this website has the output measured in Lumens. I'm not sure how bright that is but a 100W KC daylighter has a 200,000 candlepower output. So how would a 120W LED at 7200 Lumens compare to a 100W daylighter?

Here's the link: http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod.../514/sfID3/518

Info.. First paragraph. http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/39016
Old 08-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #14
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Damn those are cheap as hell. only $650 for a 32" makes me wanna sell my light bar I just had built and use my other cash i was going to use for lights and buy that.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #15

[quote=Ridingontrd;2099968]Another company, http://www.phantom-lighting.com/page...hp [/quote]

The only problem is they don't say how bright they are. Much better price than the vision X stuff.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Sheepdog;2100091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Another company, http://www.phantom-lighting.com/page...hp [/quote]

The only problem is they don't say how bright they are. Much better price than the vision X stuff.
yes it does, click the size and it will say the lumens
Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post

yes it does, click the size and it will say the lumens
Oh, I missed that. See, I don't know how bright things are in lumens. I know that my KCs are 200,000 candlepower each, but since lumens are different than candelpower, I'm not sure how to compare the two...
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Here:
http://www.theledlight.com/lumens.html
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #20

[quote=amaes;2100764]Here:
http://www.theledlight.com/lumens.html[/quote]

Dude, that shit is confusing.