Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

WESTIN SAFARI LIGHT BAR fit an '07???

Old 07-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
Fast Eddie is on a distinguished road

Fast Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
WESTIN SAFARI LIGHT BAR fit an '07???

Finally decided I liked the Westin Safari Light Bar but it says it only goes to 2004.

Is there any change for a 2007 or should it fit.

I e-mailed Westin and a girl kept e-mailing back part #'s for the 04 but would not commit either way if it would fit my 07.

Any help appreciated.
http://www.westinautomotive.com/page...T_SL-apps.html
Old 07-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
the major model change was for 05. I doubt the 04 would work on your 07. Anything listed for 05-09 would work for you.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't believe westin makes the safari bar for your truck (05+). you will have to go with the e-series or ultimate. I think they abandoned new applications with the inception of the e-series.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Technically it will not work. I had an 04, with a safari bar that I traded for my 07. I kept the safari bar, and tried to mount it on the 07.

one the holes were not in the right place, so I drilled some new holes, and then mounted it up. Then I stood back and looked at it. The 04 mounting points were a lot higher up on the chassis than the mounting points on the 07, so it sat nearly 4 inches below the front bumper and about 8 inches off the ground thus completely ruining your approach angle.

If you were good with metal and a welder you could probably fab up some mounting brackets for the safari bar for the gen 2 trucks, but plug and play out of the box it is not an option.

That said I may just end up doing that at some point and will post the specs if I get it to work and look good as I really am not a fan of the stupid looking skid plates (my oppinion your mileage may vary) on the e series or ultimate, or whoever else's bull bar.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #5
Fast Eddie is on a distinguished road

Fast Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure why they would not make them for the Gen 2's.

Every other Tacoma has a standard Westin Bull bar, but I too don't like the skid plate portion.

I even looked at buying the Hunter Bull Bars but I think they too aren't available for 07.

What gives!!??!!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Get a regular bull bar and remove the skid plate if you dont like it. It just screws on and off. If your looking for Off Road protection, perhaps a full bumper is better for you.

BTW - Please dont use all caps in a thread name or post, its very annoying and is generally interpreted as shouting.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
Not sure why they would not make them for the Gen 2's.

Every other Tacoma has a standard Westin Bull bar, but I too don't like the skid plate portion.

I even looked at buying the Hunter Bull Bars but I think they too aren't available for 07.

What gives!!??!!
hunter's are avail for 05+...any 05+ will fit everything from then on