1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fog light wiring harness

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by darnett41, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Jul 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    darnett41

darnett41 [OP] New Member

Member:
    nashville,tn
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma
    i have a 2006 tacoma 4x4 that did not come with factory fog lighs. i have recently purchased some OEM fog lights and switch. while installing the lights in the bumper i found the plugs that goes in the lights under the bumper. however, when it came time to hook up the switch in the dash i was unable to locate the wiring/plug under the dash. i did find the downhill assist/ and another one not sure what it's for, but did not find the fog light plug. hopefully someone can help me out here,
    the switch which i purchased off ebay was a push buttom type switch, has 5 pins on the back side.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks david

PS was hoping to just plug the lights in and the switch with the exsisting factory wiring without having to purchase any aftermarket parts. or running wires from battery or fuse panel.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Aug 9, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    jtkkz

jtkkz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma DC 4WD
    OME lift kit / Fifteen52 Analog wheels
    I have an '05 Tacoma, and bought the same OEM fog light kit, I am still waiting for it to come in.

I did see some plug / wire near the fog light hole, so I am assuming the same thing, hopefully plug and play.

hopefully some will chime in and advise us on what to do

3. Dec 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM
    TimsTaco

TimsTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Moncton, NB
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB SR5 Sandstone Metallic
    OEM Fog lights, headache rack, work lights, Tailgate Theft Deterrent (hose clamp), Tailgate Reinforcement, Roll'n'Lock tonneau cover, OEM Inverter
    I have an '07 Tacoma and trying to do the same thing, I have the lights but still waiting for the switch. There is also a relay needed in the fuse box under the hood.

Products Discussed in

To Top