Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Which strobe kit?

Old 09-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Which strobe kit?

Hey guys

I wanted to put in a strobe kit in my truck but I cant decide between these two:

Wolo 8004-1CCCC Hideaway 80-Watt Power Supply and Four Bulb Strobe Light Kit

OR

LEDGLOWs Automotive 4pc HID Xenon Strobe Kit

The first one is $85.34 (down from $231.50 on Amazon)
The second is $89.99 (down from $399.99 also on Amazon)

The only problem that I'm leery about is the HID ones are 2 inches whereas the first ones are only an inch. Might be too long for my 1st gen's tail lights.

Any opinions?
Old 09-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
blckout is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: 2nd Lieutenant
Name: Tom
blckout's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to blckout Send a message via Yahoo to blckout
are these just for show?

When i had strobes in my prior truck for the fire department, i ran a whelen 90w 6 outlet pack.

Top quality with Whelen.

but if this is just for show, go with cheap stuff.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckout View Post
are these just for show?

When i had strobes in my prior truck for the fire department, i ran a whelen 90w 6 outlet pack.

Top quality with Whelen.

but if this is just for show, go with cheap stuff.
Agreed. My company installs a lot of the emergency lighting around the area and I used Whelen for a long time, they are expensive but make a great strobe kit. Within the last 18 months or so I have been using sho-me much more and they are much cheaper and they work great. If you go that route they have white plastic connectors at each bulb, if you cut them off and solder they are bulletproof.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Finks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant futureFinks99Taco has a brilliant future

Name: 'Fink'
Finks99Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would love a nice set but I don't exactly have the money for them. Just looking for a decent setup that would look good day and night.

These originally were expensive but amazon is selling these two sets cheap cause theres only a couple left of each, with free shipping.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
What are you planning on using the strobe for?

Autozone has some cheap strobes for 25-50 bucks. depends which one you buy.