Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Best headlight bulbs to get

Old 07-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Best headlight bulbs to get

I would like to upgrade my exisiting bulbs to somethin either bright white or blue. Any suggestions on where to buy and what brand for the best performance ?
Old 07-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluTaco08 View Post
I would like to upgrade my exisiting bulbs to somethin either bright white or blue. Any suggestions on where to buy and what brand for the best performance ?
probably find some nice hella bulbs or some nice piaa bulbs. to go a bit cheaper......get some sylvania silverstars.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
jizzam93 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kris
jizzam93's Tacoma Gallery
I just changed my headlight bulbs to Piaa's. Huge difference to stock, obviously. eBay has some good prices. They have extreme whites and some with a tint of blue.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
I LiKe TaCos

I'm thinking about these. These will fit right ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAA-...mZ350079688714
Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
Just my two cents. I have had after market bulbs in my acura and for some reason they always seemed to burn out fast. i would put them in and maybe 3 months in one would just burn out. I would just stick with the stock lights unless they have already burned out. i used piaa and they were thought to be good lights and they cost alot.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I run the Sylvania Silver Stars-they are fantastic-and add the class, not that annoying 'blue'. Really light up the place nicely-notable difference from stock. If ya dont want them to burn out early, take care not to touch them during installation!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in mind, the PIAA's, and other tinted bulbs reduce the light out put. If you are looking for a brighter bulb, you will need a higher wattage. If its for looks, then disregard.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I run the Sylvania Silver Stars-they are fantastic-and add the class, not that annoying 'blue'. Really light up the place nicely-notable difference from stock. If ya dont want them to burn out early, take care not to touch them during installation!
X2! I have had good luck with Silver Star bulbs.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #10
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I learned the "no touchy" thing from this guy^^^^ and it does matter
Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #11
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4

Thats what I got in right now. No problems here.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #12
I LiKe TaCos

Sylvania Silverstars it is. Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #13

Quote:
There ya go They're big enough that it should be very easy for you to handle them by their base and not touch the glass part Good luck! Come in here if ya got questions during the install-and let us know how you like them too!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:16 PM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
the hotter they are, it seems like the faster they burn out. Then again, I've heard good things about the silverstars.

You could also look into getting some HIDs.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #15
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
x6-7 or 8 I lost track.... But is sounds like this is the winner (I also have these.)
Old 07-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #16
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hope you have better luck than I have. Having them only last less than 6 months is not easy on the wallet. This isn't unusual, either, because I've seen the same over and over with many other folks. I do hear that the Ultra's are pretty good but I won't ever waste my money on them again.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #17
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Silverstars for me have been the biggest waste of money ever......I went through 3 sets in my '98 taco and 2 sets in my bimmer....And no I didn't touch them. So when I bought this truck I had to do something cause I like alot of light and the factory bulbs weren't doing it for me.....So I bought silverstar ultras for the headlights and regular silverstars for the fogs......the fogs burnt out in just over the 90 days autozone would warranty for and the ultras are still going. But I am not yet to say that they are great....PIAA's are great. HID's are great.. If you want great lighting call Matt at Um-nitza and he can hook you up with great lighting. I am new hear so I don't know if it is cool to link to sites if they don't sponsor, but if you want google um-nitza, get phone number, call, ask for Matt, tell him Brant sent you and he can hook you up. The new taco headlights are perfect for HID's.... Mine will be in soon.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
I LiKe TaCos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Hope you have better luck than I have. Having them only last less than 6 months is not easy on the wallet. This isn't unusual, either, because I've seen the same over and over with many other folks. I do hear that the Ultra's are pretty good but I won't ever waste my money on them again.
I take back my previous post
Old 07-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #19
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
[IMG][/IMG]

^^^These are EuroDesignz Bulbs, I've had them for about 6-7months already and no problems whatsoever.....They do have a slight "blueish" tint to them......They also have a lifetime "replacement" warranty.