Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

OEM Smoked Headlights/Blacked Out Headlights

Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Battle Born Tacomas - Founder
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
VegasTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Smoked Headlights/Blacked Out Headlights

I searched around before I posted this but couldn't find a complete answer. I just have a couple questions:

Will the OEM smoked headlights from the '09-'10 models fit an '08?

Also, is it better to buy these headlights (if they do indeed fit), buy blacked out lights, or make my own?

What are your thoughts?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
All model headlights from 2005-2010 will fit each other. I'm pretty sure the 2011's will fit as well. You can do the BHLM yourself and save yourself some money. Or you can get some aftermarket ones off ebay but they arent the best quality.

Oh and you just missed the Vegas meet a few weeks ago!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
The BHLM is much easier than you think.

If you read the directions here and take your time you should not have any problems.

If you've never done anything like this before you should make this a Saturday project. Don't rush thru it.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
Battle Born Tacomas - Founder
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
VegasTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help, guys.

Yeah, I just joined not to long ago, so I was pretty bummed to see I missed that gathering. Hopefully there will be another one soon that I can attend!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know if you wanna black out your lights I'll help you out.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
jyeeah is on a distinguished road
jyeeah's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone tried using a different color than black? For example maybe the nightsades tint spray so it isn't totally black. Has anyone tried it?
Old 10-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyeeah View Post
Has anyone tried using a different color than black? For example maybe the nightsades tint spray so it isn't totally black. Has anyone tried it?
I've seen speedway blue and white headlight mods on this site as well.....