1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Switches from Oznium

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Badwin45, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Oct 6, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    Badwin45

Badwin45 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC 4x4 & '00 Pre-Runner
    Aries 4" Oval step tubes, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Weathertech digifit floor liners.
    I was looking at using an OEM fog light switch for my driving lights until I ran across this one (http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led) for $13 that was linked by someone else on here. Looks sharp and I like it better than the factory "push-button" switches.

RockerSwitch2_1b09a6c6ecb56e6b2dd17b5a42fd239eb3f4df76.jpg

Note: You do have to trim the insides of the switch blank holes to fit the switch in but it's invisible once the switch is in and the blank should fit back in without issue should you decide to remove it.

I ordered two switches, one red, one amber, to see which I liked better in the dash and decided on the amber switch. The switches can come with either 1/4" blade connections or screw terminals. The amber switch had the screw terminals so I disassembled both switches and swapped the back side out so that I could have the blade connectors. No problems! While I had them apart I did notice that although the seller advertises them as "LED" lights, the light source inside the switch is actually a small incandescent bulb. I called the seller to let them know and they seemed genuinely surprised. They're looking into it... Not a big deal really but their advertising needs to be accurate. Nevertheless, I'm happy with the switch and would order again if I needed more.

2. Oct 6, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    Great find, I really like this a lot better than the stock one! I may actually replace my stock with this one!

3. Oct 6, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    I have used these many times over the last few years putting LED lighting in my buddies trucks as well as switches for piaa's. Great product Oznium will always have my business.

4. Oct 6, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    Badwin45

Badwin45 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC 4x4 & '00 Pre-Runner
    Aries 4" Oval step tubes, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Weathertech digifit floor liners.
    Another really cool thing that I forgot to mention is that they come in 4 colors: Red, Amber, Blue and Green. It occurs to me that you could use different colors for different lights i.e. amber for fogs, blue for driving, green for rock lights etc.

5. Oct 7, 2010 at 5:12 PM
    iroc409

iroc409 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    A red one
    FYI, the same switches (maybe without lights) are available from Del City for less than $3. My off road lights are using one, works nice. Center off, SPDT.

6. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  7. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  8. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    I'm a big fan of the Carling Conturas, they are water and particle proof too. $11 in OEM orange from mudstuff.co.uk, and you can get the labels from them too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top