Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

turn signals not working, airbag light on, and speedo not working.....:(

Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Jeremiah Stewart is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremiah
Jeremiah Stewart's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation turn signals not working, airbag light on, and speedo not working.....:(

So I got in my 06 access cab today and found out that the turn signals aren't working. along with that problem, neither is my speedo and the airbag light came one...
Questions

1. Are there two flashers, as in one for the hazards and one for the signals or just a single flasher?

2. Is a a correlation between the airbag light being on and the speedo not working? Also the nice little beep you get when you put it in reverse(manual trans) is not working either.

If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appropriated.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you have multiple seperate problems. 1. First step would be to get your truck scanned to see what codes come up. 2. There should be 2 flashers 1 for turn signals and 1 for hazards. 3. Speedo not working is probably the instrument cluster.

It's possible the instrument cluster is causing the whole problem, but getting the system scanned for codes will get you a better idea of what is going on.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
check the fuses buddy and get it scanned.
FYI, something similar happened to me awhile back and it turned out my battery had a bad cell and it fried my fuses that ran my instrument cluster. The funky thing is my battery still showed the correct voltage.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
cjtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cjtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very similar issue here...

After re-wiring a trailer (obviously not that well) and then mvoing it around into a tight space and parking it , I find that my Tacoma's signals/speedo/odometer are not working. Firs thing I noticed was the red airbag light on the dash - followed by signals and speedo not working.

After the next start the check engine light also came on.
All fuses seem oOK wondering if it is a relay or somethng...
Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 AM   #5
cjtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cjtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What a tool...

...I am!??
Sorry all I totally forgot about the fuses under the dash behind the change bin. It was one of those fuses that was out - the IG1 fuse.
Anyway all is back to normal EXCEPT that the check engine light is still on - so I will have to reset later.
Thanks again and sorry for completing the image of newbies being dumb as F&*#.

CJ
Old 03-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
PNWB is on a distinguished road
PNWB's Tacoma Gallery
No Speedometer, turn signals and the airbag light.

Thanks for posting this. I had this happen as well after wiring for a trailer. Same exact fuse blew out.

Maybe it is coincidence about the trailer part? We drove the trailer for quite a while before the fuse went out.

Time will tell.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #7
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
So i had this issue yesterday and bought a OBD II Scanner got P0500 Error code.

Poped some fuse that involved (IGI1 10amp Fuse).
Fuse # 32

-Which connects AC
-Speedo
-Air bag light
- Turn signals

Along with Tail light fuse which connects (#27 10 amp fuse)
- Ac control units
- fog light switch
Old 07-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #8
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
Came out from work to find no ac control, no blinkers, no cruise control and freaked out. First thing i did was check here and sure enough this thread saved me!

IG1 fuse it was!

thanks guys