1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Two or Three Fog Lights????

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by michaelg589, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    michaelg589

michaelg589 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys. Im thinking about buying an Avid light bar very soon. However, Im not sure how many lights I want to put on this thing. I was thinking three, but now Im starting to think two. I'm not sure if ill like the way two looks, but three will be more expensive because ill most likely have to buy three individual lights. The truck that got me thinking three is this one:

tacosnow_508a840b6aec9ecd789ca2bdefc05359cdb15eee.jpg

Any suggestions???

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    Most people don't put "fog" lights on those light bars. They put driving lights. I guess if you want to put fogs on there, you could. It would just be kind of useless to have that much light only that far in front of you.

I suggest put two driving lights, and if you want you could always add more assuming you get a bar with 3 light tabs

3. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    4 go big or go home.

And you want driving lights, not fogs... That mounting location is too high for a fog pattern to be effective.

4. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    npsranger

npsranger Member

Member:
    Mountains
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    ARE Truck Cap, Yakima Roof Racks, dropped the running boards, Avid Off-Road Bull Bar, KC Lights, BedRug, K&N Filter, LEDs in Center Console.
    I have an avid bar with two lights... I wish I woulda went with three lights. I ordered a pair of KCs and shoulda ordered a individual light a just in case.

I rhino-lined my avid bar; so depending on what kind of paint/covering you put on the bar you could always add another one after the fact. Food for thought: I have my 2 lights equally spaced on the top of the bar so in theory, I could always a third one in the middle.

Hope this helps.

5. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:00 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    1 off-road light, and 2 driving lights...separate controls: 1 for off-road light, and 1 for driving lights.

6. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    You could do this or any combo of what you want

Or if you want on the go flexibility you could put some lightforce lights(and I'm sure other have a similar system) and have a couple of filters and switch them around as you need.

7. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    npsranger

npsranger Member

Member:
    Mountains
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    ARE Truck Cap, Yakima Roof Racks, dropped the running boards, Avid Off-Road Bull Bar, KC Lights, BedRug, K&N Filter, LEDs in Center Console.
    Or if you want on the go flexibility you could put some lightforce lights(and I'm sure other have a similar system) and have a couple of filters and switch them around as you need.[/quote]

** This is what I did, I have clear KCs w/ amber lens covers on them to protect the lenses and for fog.

8. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    ** This is what I did, I have clear KCs w/ amber lens covers on them to protect the lenses and for fog.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems like a good setup.

9. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Where will you be using them? What is it you're trying to see?
    Do you need high beam or more type distance?
    Tighter trails/switch back roads?

10. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    Ridingontrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    For distance on the cheap..
    ProComp has a 8" 130 watt euro for $40.
    *I've been using 2 of them for a couple years*
    Euro type lights are a combo of driving light spread (though not quite as wide) w/a center equal to your high beams.(distance)

11. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    Ridingontrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    Tighter trails/switch back roads..Driving lights.:thumbsup:
    I would suggest 85watt or more.

Products Discussed in

To Top