Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

How to change the Parking Light bulb in a 2004 Tacoma

Old 11-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
burnselk is on a distinguished road
burnselk's Tacoma Gallery
How to change the Parking Light bulb in a 2004 Tacoma

My father-in-law has a 2004 Tocoma and needs to replace the burned out bulb in front passengers side Parking Light.

He's saying (and he a decent mechanic) that he cannot figure how to get to this bulb to change it. He lives a little ways from me so I can't just run over there and assist him so I thought you guys might be able to help me then I can call him to tell him how it's done.

He said something about 4 bolts are holding the assembly but he can't get these bolts out. I'm not at all familiar with his problem but thought you guys may know.

Has anyone here had experience changing the front Parking light bulb? If so I'd appreciate hearing back from you. Thanks
Old 11-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
fka unregistered lurker...
munkel is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
munkel's Tacoma Gallery
if I remember correctly there is two screws on top of the plastic housing for the parking light, take out those two screws and wiggle the housing til it pops out the front, then you can twist and pull the bulb out to change it...... there is a plastic tab somewhere in there too I think, I remember it being difficult to get out the first time.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
When you pop the hood, I think there is only one screw for each corner light. I found it easier to just pop the grille loose so that when you are taking the corner housing out, you can see what you are doing. It is very easy to get the grille loose.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i never have to pull out the screws simply find the harness, squeeze twit to the side and pull
Old 11-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I don't guess you really have to take out the screws because the light will pull out with the grille.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
i never have to pull out the screws simply find the harness, squeeze twit to the side and pull

I don't think you can get to the harness with a stock bumper I'm pretty sure the housing has to come out but mine is a 02 the 04's might be different. When I replaced my bulbs with LED's it looked like you might be able to came up from under neath the truck but the bumper was blocking it.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i always could get to the harness, yet i have been known to sit in the engine bay to get to what i need, plus im tiny