1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to change the Parking Light bulb in a 2004 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by burnselk, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Nov 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    burnselk

burnselk [OP] New Member

Member:
    My father-in-law has a 2004 Tocoma and needs to replace the burned out bulb in front passengers side Parking Light.

He's saying (and he a decent mechanic) that he cannot figure how to get to this bulb to change it. He lives a little ways from me so I can't just run over there and assist him so I thought you guys might be able to help me then I can call him to tell him how it's done.

He said something about 4 bolts are holding the assembly but he can't get these bolts out. I'm not at all familiar with his problem but thought you guys may know.

Has anyone here had experience changing the front Parking light bulb? If so I'd appreciate hearing back from you. Thanks

2. Nov 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    munkel

munkel fka unregistered lurker...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Dbl Cab V6 4WD Tacoma
    Icon Suspension, 285/75/16 BFG MT's, Steeeckers, Custom Bed Mounted Tool Storage, Wilderness Trail rack, SoftTopper, K&N CAI, Hella Aux lights, PIAA Fogs, Warn M8000, Elite Front Bumper, BAMF sliders, All-Pro leafs and shackles
    if I remember correctly there is two screws on top of the plastic housing for the parking light, take out those two screws and wiggle the housing til it pops out the front, then you can twist and pull the bulb out to change it...... there is a plastic tab somewhere in there too I think, I remember it being difficult to get out the first time.

3. Nov 4, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    When you pop the hood, I think there is only one screw for each corner light. I found it easier to just pop the grille loose so that when you are taking the corner housing out, you can see what you are doing. It is very easy to get the grille loose.

4. Nov 4, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i never have to pull out the screws simply find the harness, squeeze twit to the side and pull

5. Nov 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    Yea, I don't guess you really have to take out the screws because the light will pull out with the grille.

6. Nov 4, 2010 at 1:22 PM
    mtucker

mtucker Tacoma addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Escondido, CA.
    Vehicle:
    03 Prerunner DC
    Replaced chrome badges with Sockmonkey black badges, painted billet grill black, K&N cold air intake, my corner light turn signal circuit, Speedfreek traction bars, RAAMaudio BXT/Ensolite, Stereo: Kenwood KIV-701 USB/Bluetooth deck, 10" Pioneer shallow sub behind the rear seat, Infinity 6822cf 6x8 front and rear doors, Fosgate P400-2 (sub), US Acoustics USX-4065 (four main speakers)
    KStateTaco likes this.
  7. Nov 4, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.

I don't think you can get to the harness with a stock bumper I'm pretty sure the housing has to come out but mine is a 02 the 04's might be different. When I replaced my bulbs with LED's it looked like you might be able to came up from under neath the truck but the bumper was blocking it.

8. Nov 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i always could get to the harness, yet i have been known to sit in the engine bay to get to what i need, plus im tiny

Products Discussed in

To Top