Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Where can I buy HID headlights?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Rizzz818 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jose
Rizzz818's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Rizzz818
Question Where can I buy HID headlights?

Im looking to upgrade my taco to HID lights. Whats a good website to purchase them from? Or anyone got a good pair? Im in San diego CA.. Local trade.. Im thinking of getting the 35watts since im in the city.. Any feedback.?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
Rizzz818 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jose
Rizzz818's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Rizzz818
Pictures..

If anyone has any pictures id like to see them..
Old 11-03-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
whatever you do dont just get the bulbs. please do it right and get projectors so you dont blind everyone you pass at night.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
build your own, its cheaper than buying a premaid set of hid lights
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
dagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud of

dagul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
whatever you do dont just get the bulbs. please do it right and get projectors so you dont blind everyone you pass at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
build your own, its cheaper than buying a premaid set of hid lights
X2

Some G1 Projectors, flat black paint, Window weld (or clear silicone sealant), and patience is all it takes...
Old 11-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
would recommend the mini h1's or the mini d2s's over any G series, but thats just me.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #7
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I think slimcubby is having another groupbuy right now. Shoot him a PM or look for his thread.
Edit: here's the link: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...1-15-10-a.html
Old 11-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
dagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud ofdagul has much to be proud of

dagul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
would recommend the mini h1's or the mini d2s's over any G series, but thats just me.
I was thinking that the OP might be interested in the halos...
Old 11-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #9
red balls got me!

IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
i hope the OP would want output vs bling, but with our luck, he will side with and HID kit and fail
Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #11

dagul's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ofit-bhlm.html
Old 11-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #12
fka unregistered lurker...
munkel is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
munkel's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat but I have a 2004. My current lights are horrible and the cover is oxidized all to hell. I would like to upgrade to HID's and get some clear/new front plastic covers. I don't want something that will look cheesy, maybe in the 4300 range as far as color goes. I want them to be bright but not blind oncoming traffic (unless I hit my hi-beams ). Any thoughts? Am I better of building my own or buying complete somewhere?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #14

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
Is the group buy from slimcubby what y'all consider to be a good option or crappy lights? I am a noob when it comes to lights, and yes I have been searching but there is so much info to sift through it has been difficult. I do not want bling, I want function.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #15

munkel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
Nothing wrong with HID 'bling' kits... If you don't have the cash to throw down on retro fits, a good 35watt 6000K philip bulb with a relay and ballast will be just fine. They are tons brighter than halogen.
what exactly does this "retro fit" entail?

If I just drop in a new bulb, relay and ballast won't I be getting some weird shadows and hot spots? What are some good brands for the bulbs/ballasts/relays?

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #16
RN
BenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenJammn5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
BenJammn5's Tacoma Gallery
From what I understand, slimcubby's service is hit and miss. You'll get an affordable HID kit, but some customers have had bad luck with his customer service.

Generally speaking, most people go with a 6000K hi/low beam. Not too blue like an 8000K that looks like luck skywalkers light saber hitting the road... also keep in mind that a higher kilowatt rating doesn't equal more light power, just a different color. Also, blue is harder on the eyes making it more difficult to concentrate late at night. Stick with either a 4300K white, 6000K. Also spend the extra money and go with Hi/low beams, and not just the lows. The kits are all plug and play, very simple to install if you can follow instructions.

My lights are from Xenon depot (google it), a little on the pricey side but well worth the quality.