Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2010 tail light questions

Old 11-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
2010 tail light questions

someone hit my tail light and cracked (what looks like) just the outside plastic cover of the light.

is the tail light all one piece or is that plastic cover a separate piece?

if its all one piece, how much is it to replace the whole tail light?
if that is a separate plastic cover, how much is it to replace just the cover?

thanks,

Old 11-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
tacomaintraining will become famous soon enoughtacomaintraining will become famous soon enough
tacomaintraining's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of 2009 tails for sell. they are in great condition.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
someone hit my tail light and cracked (what looks like) just the outside plastic cover of the light.

is the tail light all one piece or is that plastic cover a separate piece?

if its all one piece, how much is it to replace the whole tail light?
if that is a separate plastic cover, how much is it to replace just the cover?

thanks,

They are all one piece, unfortunately you will need to buy the entire light.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT24 View Post
They are all one piece, unfortunately you will need to buy the entire light.
thanks.

anyone know how much a replacement goes for?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks.

i'm not trying to be a dick, but don't you know how to go "www.google.com" then type in "toyota, westminster co" then click on "mountain states toyota" then hover over "service & parts" then click on "toyota parts center" then in nice big bold black letters it says "Ron Matta Parts Department Manager 1-800-628-0982"???

i believe that's your nearest toyota dealer according to your avatar/about me section. the dealer is the best person you could get the cost for a direct OEM replacement part. none of us can pull a price out of our ass and make it happen. i'm sure you're not that helpless and or handicapped, if you were then you shouldn't be driving at all. QUIT BEING LAZY!

disregard if you are looking for a used item but then again you didn't state that. shipping will usually make a used item comparable in price though.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
i'm not trying to be a dick, but don't you know how to go "www.google.com" then type in "toyota, westminster co" then click on "mountain states toyota" then hover over "service & parts" then click on "toyota parts center" then in nice big bold black letters it says "Ron Matta Parts Department Manager 1-800-628-0982"???

i believe that's your nearest toyota dealer according to your avatar/about me section. the dealer is the best person you could get the cost for a direct OEM replacement part. none of us can pull a price out of our ass and make it happen. i'm sure you're not that helpless and or handicapped, if you were then you shouldn't be driving at all. QUIT BEING LAZY!

disregard if you are looking for a used item but then again you didn't state that. shipping will usually make a used item comparable in price though.

people use this site for honest prices/feedback/information. I would have asked on here first too if for no other reason than to make sure that the price a dealer is giving me isn't jacked through the roof for no damn reason. stop being a dick, forums are meant for questions like this
Old 11-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks.

$170.37 plus shipping..........you may be able to find it cheaper by checking the various Toyota parts dealers under "Trademotion"
Here is one of the sites:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Old 11-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You probably could have given him some positive help or a link in much less time it took to flame him....
relax.....have a bran muffin!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #9

Quote:

/sigh

i searched online for replacement tail lights, but all i seemed to find was custom tail lights (fogged, blacked out, colors, grilled, specialty covers, etc...)... i couldnt find stock tail lights. yes, my next step is to contact a dealer. i was going to do that, but i wanted to see if anyone else had bought them before and knew of a place that sold them cheaper than the dealer.

yes, you are being a dick. i am just trying to gather information and i dont appreciate your accusations.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
eBay ... Craigslist ... Amazon ... Find a truck and take theirs
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Besides it's not that bad I would just tint the taillight
Old 09-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #12
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
I hit my bumper on a rock and it smacked into my tail light and broke the plastic around it (i think it still works). Could i just buy the tail light assembly on amazon for 80 bucks? or do i have to get a whole new tail light.

they really dont make a replacement plastic cover, that seems odd