1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom Tacoma KC Daylighter Covers

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by tacoman355, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nov 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 [OP] WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
    In the humid area I live, I am getting tired of my expensive KC's filling up with moisture but I really don't like the yellow covers that came with them so I decided to paint them black and buy some sockmonkey decals to put on them. I havent seen anyone customize their covers like this yet so we will see how it turns out. Here are what the covers look like now. Ill post pics when I get my sockmonkey's. Yall think its a cool idea???

KC covers.jpg

2. Nov 4, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    PRBulldog36

PRBulldog36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Bilsteins 5100's X4 front set at 2.5 and rear AAL,BFG Rugged Trail T/A P265/65R/17, Warrior 375 17X8 Wheels with Gorilla locks,Black Billet Grille top and bottom and replaced Toyo emblem with Dallas Cowboys Star by MetalMiller, Vent Shade window louvers and hood bug shield, Fog light anytime mod,Dome light Mod,Blue interior LED's, Six inch Black Chrome billet antenna,Firestik CB Antenna, Cobra 75 CB, 12Vt/DC outlet back of Center Console, CB external speaker, Sirius Satellite Radio, Westin tube step up bars (Chrome), Tinted windows (legal), Eyebrow on windshield (Limo),Leather arm rest mod,HID H4's(fog), HID plug and play 8000, Tailgate theft prevention mod and Tailgate Pop-n-Lock, Trailer hitch brake light,Garmin GPS Dashboard Mount, Baja Lights on the rear bed rail, In Bed Mt Bike carrier, Tail gate extender, N-Fab light bar with Four Hella 500's, Fold down antenna,WeatherTech digital floor mats, mount,Kenwood head unit, Polk Audio 6X9,Two 12 ' Subs MTX, Kenwood Excellon 5 1/4, Ke
    I like your idea ! I dont like my covers either . I have the White Hella covers with the Black lettering. I thought of painting mine black and see if Sock could do the Hella Lettering for me to color match. I also thought of the Black with the color matched Toyo emblem.

3. Nov 4, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 [OP] WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
    yeah that yellow just doesnt work for me! lol i have 6 inch kc's so i bought two 5 inch "tacoma" emblems that are white with gray outline. it was only $10 and i already have the paint so cheap, custom, and hope it turns out sweeet!

4. Nov 5, 2010 at 8:54 AM
    PRBulldog36

PRBulldog36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Bilsteins 5100's X4 front set at 2.5 and rear AAL,BFG Rugged Trail T/A P265/65R/17, Warrior 375 17X8 Wheels with Gorilla locks,Black Billet Grille top and bottom and replaced Toyo emblem with Dallas Cowboys Star by MetalMiller, Vent Shade window louvers and hood bug shield, Fog light anytime mod,Dome light Mod,Blue interior LED's, Six inch Black Chrome billet antenna,Firestik CB Antenna, Cobra 75 CB, 12Vt/DC outlet back of Center Console, CB external speaker, Sirius Satellite Radio, Westin tube step up bars (Chrome), Tinted windows (legal), Eyebrow on windshield (Limo),Leather arm rest mod,HID H4's(fog), HID plug and play 8000, Tailgate theft prevention mod and Tailgate Pop-n-Lock, Trailer hitch brake light,Garmin GPS Dashboard Mount, Baja Lights on the rear bed rail, In Bed Mt Bike carrier, Tail gate extender, N-Fab light bar with Four Hella 500's, Fold down antenna,WeatherTech digital floor mats, mount,Kenwood head unit, Polk Audio 6X9,Two 12 ' Subs MTX, Kenwood Excellon 5 1/4, Ke
    Good luck, post pics when you get it done. I was stationed in Hampton a long time ago. I loved it there !

5. Nov 5, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    munkel

munkel fka unregistered lurker...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Dbl Cab V6 4WD Tacoma
    Icon Suspension, 285/75/16 BFG MT's, Steeeckers, Custom Bed Mounted Tool Storage, Wilderness Trail rack, SoftTopper, K&N CAI, Hella Aux lights, PIAA Fogs, Warn M8000, Elite Front Bumper, BAMF sliders, All-Pro leafs and shackles
    sounds great, I would use some paint that adheres well to plastic like Krylon Fusion.

6. Nov 5, 2010 at 2:15 PM
    tacoman355

tacoman355 [OP] WORD!?!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Hampton,VA
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab Taco
    sold....
    Yeah i have a can of flat black krylon fusion already. just waiting for it to get a little warmer before i spray them. Btw i love hampton! ive never lived anywhere else so i cant compare but i like it. :)

7. Nov 5, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    65tacodude

65tacodude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    OEM running boards and roof rack. Yellow fog bulbs and WeatherTech mats and window visors.

Products Discussed in

To Top