1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would you like to make me a set of Projector Headlights?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ttylerr, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Nov 7, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    Just throwing this idea out there... Basically, i don't really want to try and do the projector retro mod myself. I tried doing the bhlm and it just didnt turn out the way i wanted. I'm just way to impatient to do that kind of work.
    So what i propose, is if i source out all the parts, or if you know of a good place to get all the parts, i will purchase everything, have it all shipped to you, you do the mod and ship back to me and i pay a little extra for your time and skills. I know that this sounds pretty crazy considering all the unknowns with A) having everything shipped all over the place B) me living in canada and likely the person doing the modding living below the border C) the possibility that whoever gets the job makes a mistake or does a shitty job that i dont like and now im stuck with a pile of useless parts that likely weren't cheap.
    So, i think the best way to go about this is to post what you've built before (link to a build thread or whatever) how you went about building them, what you would do differently from your previous build, what the cost of consumables (dremel bits, sealant, etc) would be and what you would like to be compensated for the work.
    I'm willing to pay good money for good work. Cost isn't really my concern. I'm looking for a good quality, HID projector retrofit. I wont be shipping you my old housings, you will be getting brand new OEM housings to work with. Let me know if you're interested and we can chat it up and maybe work something out.

2. Nov 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    Nightstr

Nightstr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Felipe
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    BLHM BLWM 3" TOUGH COUNTRY LIFT TRD SEAT COVERS THULE RACK M/T KM2 265/65/16
    Try contacting blackhawke, His look sweet!

3. Nov 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    Yosh2000

4. Nov 8, 2010 at 2:06 AM
    ttylerr

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    thanks for your input guys!

5. Nov 8, 2010 at 2:17 AM
    MadeInMaine

MadeInMaine MadeInMaine

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Biloxi, MS
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner
    Im making my own set right now

6. Nov 8, 2010 at 3:45 AM
    chilean101

chilean101 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ives
    ventura
    Vehicle:
    09 off road debadged
    Grillcraft mesh grill (top and bottom), Aries bullguard, shorty antenna, debadged, k/n cold air intake and air filter, 33 in bridgestone duelers a/t ,tinted windows all around, ddm 4500 lo/hi hid kit, webasto retractable moonroof, custom trd decals(scokmonkey), 3 inch revtek lift kit, led map and dome lights. super white fogs, newly added toyota OEM roof rack ,n-fab stainless steel side steps, chopped exhaust, full size trd anthracite spare tire . modded bike rack and spare tire rack mount(made by snobord 552)
    Hey
    If u want good work with a warranty try contacting lightwerks

www.lightwerkz.net/index.php

These guys did a few for some friends , they do very clean work

7. Nov 8, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    ttylerr

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    those light werkz look like a good deal.. i think i've found the guy for the job though, thanks for link. i'll keep this thread updated!

8. Nov 21, 2010 at 1:02 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    who did you decide to use for your retro?

9. Nov 21, 2010 at 3:33 PM
    ttylerr

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    User TBK224 will be doing the retro for me

Products Discussed in

To Top