LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Light Harness

Old 08-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
rooster_20 is on a distinguished road

rooster_20's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Light Harness

I have a 06 Reg 2.7 SR5 and was wondering if I had the factory wiring harness to wire up oem fog lights. I looked all around and only found 2 connectors on each side of the radiator I don't know if those were for the radiator or what if someone could direct me or post some pics of them it would help a lot thanks!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster_20 View Post
I have a 06 Reg 2.7 SR5 and was wondering if I had the factory wiring harness to wire up oem fog lights. I looked all around and only found 2 connectors on each side of the radiator I don't know if those were for the radiator or what if someone could direct me or post some pics of them it would help a lot thanks!
My 07 DC, doesn't have fogs, the harnesses are there, they should be above the inner fender. Some models have them....some don't. BTW thats all that s there, the relay etc and bulbs have to be purchased. In the order of $800 CDN!!!!!!! WOWSERS!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #3

Dear lord!!! That is expensive. Well I guess Im going to just have to keep on looking and hope I find something. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #4

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster_20 View Post
Dear lord!!! That is expensive. Well I guess Im going to just have to keep on looking and hope I find something. Thanks!
Rooster 20....Thats not expensive...thats frigging nuts!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
From what I have read, all V6 Tacomas have the fog light harness.

Marc M
Old 08-05-2008, 03:13 AM   #6

I dont think I have one I've been looking ah I dont know if I am even going to fool with fog lights. Oh well...
Old 08-31-2008, 03:45 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
You should get fog lights. They make the truck look so much more badass.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:47 PM   #8

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
the harness by the radiator is connected to the sensors that operate the airbags, stay away from them. They are likely in a black conduit wrapped with a yellow tape. Look inside the innner fenders...if you have tem thats where they'll be.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Look in a junkyard for a wrecked one. It's a long shot with them being new, but its probably cheaper. Theres actually a truck yard about 30 miles out from me and its nothing but 95 + Tacomas and a lot of Tundras. They have all been totaled in some way, but there are plenty of good parts on them still. If you want I could stop by there when I head out to go deer huntin in a couple weeks and get a price for you. Let me know.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
if you are looking for a set of the oem fog lights, check out ebay. i have seen quite a few sets of them on there recently!! just a heads up!
Old 09-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
IM4UH is on a distinguished road
IM4UH's Tacoma Gallery
I added OEM fog lights to my brand new 08 double cab Taco. It so easy, my Obama supporting neighbor coud have done it! My Taco was pre-wired and the harness is easily visible from underneath in the general proximity of the fog light holes. The first item to check is that your Taco is pre-wired. If so, all you need is around $350.00 and about 15 minutes.

Step 1 after removing the insert hole cover from the bumper is to simply line up the retainer clip on the fog light assemble with the retainer hole and push in from the front of the bumper. Both lights can be installed in 5 minutes easily. The plastic tape like material that holds the harness can be easily cut with clippers/small scissors and the wire harness plug clips on to the light bulb plug. It is easy to remove the light bulb from the fog light assembly, so if you have difficulty seeing, or have huge hands, then simply remove the bulb from the fog light assembly, plug it into the harness and re-insert the bulb in the fog light assembly. Both driver and passenger sides are identical.

Second step is to insert the relay for the fog light. The relay box is located on the inside of the engine compartment on the drivers side, right above the front wheel. The box is a plastic black box with a latch on one side and two clips on the other. Remove the cover and on the inside of the cover there is a template showing exactly where the fog light relay goes.Align the blades and plug in the relay. Another 5 minutes if you are not concentrating.

The third step is the most senitive since, if you slip you could scar the plastic around the dashboard where the new switch will be installed. The fog light switch goes in the slot closest to the driver side door. If you are not sure where it is, the owners manual shows you. The existing blank cover can be easily worked out of the hole with a very small screw driver or sharp pointed object. Simply work the blank out a little at a time by using the sharp object to gently pry the cover out from the top and bottom of the blank. In other words, stick the sharp object into the switch cover blank that slightly protrudes from the dashboard and pry it out a little at a time. Repeat from the top and bottom and be careful not to poke your self or scar the dash board. It may sound more difficult than it really is. Once you have the blank cover removed, the wiring plug that connects to the switch is attached to the blank and is removed and plugged directly on the OEM switch.

I thought about taking pictures, but that would have taken longer than installing the lights, relay, and switch.

The parts that you will need are:
Qty (2) 81210-AA030 Fog Light Assemblies $143.00 each
Qty (1) 90080-87010 Relay $16.81
Qty (1) 84160-04010 Fog Lamp Switch $34.75

I bought the parts from 1sttoyotaparts.com, paid a little extra and received them 2nd day.

I like the OEM solution since it is easy to install, looks great, and the lights are adjustable up or down so you do not inadvertantly blind someone with a mis-aligned light beam.[/quote]
Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
$

not sure where you got those prices, but my dealer here in Canada wants $107.00 for the blue relay
$77.00 for the dash switch and
$280.00 for each fog light. WOW!!

The parts that you will need are:
Qty (2) 81210-AA030 Fog Light Assemblies $143.00 each
Qty (1) 90080-87010 Relay $16.81
Qty (1) 84160-04010 Fog Lamp Switch $34.75

I bought the parts from 1sttoyotaparts.com, paid a little extra and received them 2nd day.

I like the OEM solution since it is easy to install, looks great, and the lights are adjustable up or down so you do not inadvertantly blind someone with a mis-aligned light beam.[/quote][/QUOTE]
Old 02-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #13
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
tammikm, IM4U said that he got the parts from this site... You would be a lot better off it you these guys will ship to Canada.

https://www.trademotion.com/partloca...&siteid=213804
Old 02-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #14
tammikm has a spectacular aura abouttammikm has a spectacular aura about

tammikm's Tacoma Gallery
fogs

I have the SR5 my truck is pre wired, I have the switch and relay just need the lights... anyone wanna sell theirs ...
Old 02-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #15
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammikm View Post
I have the SR5 my truck is pre wired, I have the switch and relay just need the lights... anyone wanna sell theirs ...
I'm taking mine off this week when I change out my bumper, I'm highly considering selling them. PM and we'll chat amongst ourselves...

Rob