Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Does anyone make a 4" HID fog light?

Old 11-20-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone make a 4" HID fog light?

Are there any 4-5" HID fog lights that are FACTORY HID and not something converted? If you know of any please post links to any lights or even just the name if you dont have a link handy.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think there are any "Factory" HID Fog lights, but plenty of HID bulbs fit the housings...
Old 11-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
I dont mean factory like Toyota just to be clear, but a light company like Lightforce, Hella, etc.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
The Kragen generic off road lights come in 4", but are not specifically "fog" lights and may not really fit.

HID is not particularly suitable for actual fog lights due to its color, unless you go with selective yellow.

There are some cars that come with good fog projectors. I think the Ford Fusion has some, as well as some Lexus models. I don't think they are actually HID projectors, though.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Im not concerned with fog per say but width for off road and cornering and filling in to the bottom of the headlights. They will be 4200K, so I dont see color as a problem. Im just looking for the widest HID beam from a 4-5" width. All I care about is WIDTH of the beam.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about Hella or Lightforce but I have seen a few cars with OEM HID fog lights.
My neighbors had someone over the other day with a Mitsubishi Outlander (I think, might have been some other Mitsubishi SUV) and it had factory HIDs. Was going to look into it some day when I have some extra $$$ laying around.

Don't know if that helps, just thought I would throw it out there.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Im not concerned with fog per say but width for off road and cornering and filling in to the bottom of the headlights. They will be 4200K, so I dont see color as a problem. Im just looking for the widest HID beam from a 4-5" width. All I care about is WIDTH of the beam.
Something like this? https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-61...ornering+Black
Old 11-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a little high in color temp (but that can be changed) and a little narrow at only 42 degrees (I was thinking 60+ degrees) but its very much the size and form factor I am wanting. Thanks for the lead.

Anyone else know of anything?