Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Parking Ligts(Lights ext to the main headlight)

Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Rolling Low And Smashing Hard
frankygomez01 is on a distinguished road
Name: Franky
frankygomez01's Tacoma Gallery
Parking Ligts(Lights ext to the main headlight)

I cannot figure out how to take it off, my bulb burned out and i cannot figure out how to pop off the light. PLZ help
Old 11-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Should just unscrew from the headlight assembly. Counter-clockwise, then there's usually a retainer clip holding the bulb itself to the wiring harness that is easily undone with a small flat-head screwdriver.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
is the screw the only thing holding it down, or is there another clip inside?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankygomez01 View Post
is the screw the only thing holding it down, or is there another clip inside?
The whole bulb and harness should unscrew from the headlight assembly, not an actual screw. Once you've got the bulb and harness out of the headlight, there's usually a plastic retainer clip holding the parking light bulb to the harness preventing you from just pulling the two apart. What year is this for, I'll see if I can find a picture for you?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The whole bulb and harness should unscrew from the headlight assembly, not an actual screw. Once you've got the bulb and harness out of the headlight, there's usually a plastic retainer clip holding the parking light bulb to the harness preventing you from just pulling the two apart. What year is this for, I'll see if I can find a picture for you?
it is a 2000 tacoma
Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Just the one screw up top and then there is a clip holding it in underneath...PITA to get out. Just be careful, but it'll take some muscling to get it out. Pull the light forward and pull up was the best method that worked for me. (Forward, as in away from the truck) Good news is, the clip on the bottom is pretty tough, so it shouldn't break easy. At least mine were...once you get it out, you can unscrew the bulb and then replace it. It's much easier putting it back in than taking out, i think...
Old 11-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Just the one screw up top and then there is a clip holding it in underneath...PITA to get out. Just be careful, but it'll take some muscling to get it out. Pull the light forward and pull up was the best method that worked for me. (Forward, as in away from the truck) Good news is, the clip on the bottom is pretty tough, so it shouldn't break easy. At least mine were...once you get it out, you can unscrew the bulb and then replace it. It's much easier putting it back in than taking out, i think...
so just pull until it comes out
Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #8
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty much. Just make sure and watch as you do so you don't break anything....but like I said, it takes a lot of muscling to get it out. Once you get it loose, you should be able to see part of the clip near the side/bottom. (I forget if it's on the side or bottom . If it's side, it'll be the side next to the fender.)
Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
k thanks guys i got it off and just need to buy the bulb, can i get ut at autozone?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
k thanks guys i got it off and just need to buy the bulb, can i get ut at autozone?
Yep, any auto parts store, autozone or advanced auto. Sorry for the mix-up, I assumed you had 2nd Gen, they just unscrew, no bolts, clips, etc. Glad someone was able to help you out before got you thoroughly confused!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep! Check your Manual for the bulb # and you should be able to pick it up at any local automotive store.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #12
haha its ok but thanks anyways appreciate the help